Is anybody buying/using blink items?

Nice they’re definitely recyclable like that too =D

I have 1 slingbow, 3 blocks of refined rift, and 10 grapples :monkey_face:

Hopefully there will be another rift planet before I need grapples again.

From what I’ve seen, this is a huge deal. Even with a premium on the ores, the cost of forging them into anything like peak is a huge deal. It makes straight price/performance seem bad from pretty much every angle.

I went back for a fourth but got tired of dying and didn’t make it. :cry:

Little interesting tidbit I might add

Assuming you’re valuing Topaz at 45c and Blink at 700c, it costs roughly 676c to craft a topaz slingbow if masscrafting, compared to 8585c to craft a blink slingbow if masscrafting. (see below)

Click to view images

https://lab.mayumi.fi/boundless/#item=TOOL_SLINGBOW_TOPAZ

https://lab.mayumi.fi/boundless/#item=TOOL_SLINGBOW_BLINK

2 Likes

They’re just too premium. The stat increase is pretty much the same (2x durability, damage, energy drain across the board) going from alloy → gem, and from gem → exo. The 200% cap on forge effectiveness is hurting this, since with full coils you can get the same 200% from alloy and gem tools, but NOT from exo tools. So gem tools come up top in most cases. Objectively looking, the exo tools are worse.

1 Like

There are a few hundred on offer for just under 600c, unless it’s been bought or emptied out since the stand was last scanned. Even so the difference vs gems would be enough for a regular gem forging process I expect, since I can buy ready to use gem tools in that price range, last time I looked.

It is fun deco - unless some specific arrangement is found where this stuff really shows a specific utility I guess it will mostly be slingbows and deco. Vanity pieces like loot sticks and such can absorb the premium.

I know there are people that like swift grapples but I can’t stand it. Even gold grapples outreach these.

1 Like

ye, prices seem to vary a bit but even if blink was worth 150c each it still wouldnt be worthwhile given blink is significantly harder to forge vs what you get out of it IMO

I think the other place we’re really going to find these tools being sold is for weapons, maybe if someone gets a good forge process down that can keep prices down, then we might have a possibility.

For completeness’ sake here are comparison graphs for slingbows, bombs and grapples.

Blink slingbows have similar base damage to gem, but keep in mind forging it higher will take a lot more resources and skill than a gem bow. You can also enhance gem tools with other boons a lot easier, so blink slingbows might be a bit obsolete. The double element is a plus though!

Blink bombs are equal to diamond/emerald, other than a base range increase from 3 -> 4. Not good enough imo.

Blink grapples are interesting with the high base reel in speed, but a forged gem grapple will be pretty much equal or better, with less energy drain and equal or better range.

6 Likes

Yea this makes me want to upgrade my gleambow offhand to a blink offhand :thinking: i like how my gleambow offhand stacks into my warp totems stack though. Blink hammers dont stack with gem right?

I got a bunch of blink grapples ready to forge, but I need to upgrade my forging mats before I even think of touching them. I generally like amethyst slingbows for the firing speed/crit, so I might end up using blink slingbows. They’re definitely a speed/damage upgrade, but have no crit, so I’m still not sure about those :thinking:

Blink has diamond/emerald damage (2500) with the same energy use (250) and an increase from 2m to 5m range. It’s got a 60% increase in damage and a 20% increase over it’s swift counterpart. Proportionately the range increase is smaller (4 to 5 instead of 3 to 4) but the damage increase is much higher than the move from silver to topaz.

I squinted very carefully at the chart to make sure it matches what I saw in game. I don’t really use damage bombs but, this seems pretty substantial compared to how the other items line up with their gem equivalents. This swift bomb pretty much outclassses all gems IMO.

Of course, then you start forging …

Grapples and rough ores won’t stack. I tested hammers just now they’re the same.

I used these on my crafter for a while yesterday. They drove me CRAZY with not even being able to grapple around my build much. Even when my miner is in a cave there are big caverns and such that this grapple would never reach across.

I mean this is a totally personal playstyle choice but considering that with max forging and crazy risk/expense these can’t hit the range I have on my miner’s titanium grapples right now, I don’t see many blink grapples in my future. IMO no amount of projectile or reel speed accounts for the fact that iron grapples have more range than this special/rare/endgame item. That’s awful.

Slingbows will be used. Even if they’re just shelved between exos. I did one t7 hunt and it was doable in a large group but with a gem weapon I didn’t feel really effective. On t8 buffs will be severely limited and I think these bows will basically be a requirement if you want to be a tank (yeah right) or damage dealer.

Tools will set the prices though, if there proves to be a solid use case for them. The combined number of hammers, shovels, and axes used in a day is far more than slingbows and that volume will eventually set the block value that will define the weapon prices.

If the tools never really pan out for general use but, like silver, stay niche then I guess the weapons will cheapen a bit just due to surplus ores. I’m not ready to turn my pile into deco yet, though.

And we’re not even through the first exo cycle. It could be next week or another two weeks before we see an umbris world, if they even rotate through them all. I think we will need some idea of planet frequency before any of these markets get ‘comfortable’.

1 Like

There’s only one.

I looked away and, It’s gone.

A couple of people getting lucky shouldn’t hurt the developing market any I guess. Keep an eye out today.

That was me! TY for the shovel!

:sweat_smile:

Lol my third person speech didn’t show up. I had put shakes fist inside < of the >’s but im guessing that’s used for something :joy:

All right i might as well get some people creeping around with this!

This is on my main build and there are three ways to reach it. I made sure the locked door is open, but you might find the semi-hidden door through two different paths. There’s a portal practically right to it.

Same price 5400c.

Thankyou.

PS, i can forge up to perfect rift/blink/i assume umbris. If anybody has gear they want leveled up.

The shovel went quick. I’m not honestly sure if no one wants the hammer or no one found it. It’s not THAT hidden.

It’s early evening here so bump bump.

Maybe nerf gem tools and buff rift tools slightly? I mean, it’s pretty obvious gem tools were OP.

Just wait for 8 tier worlds and harder blocks to break.

The hammer is gone. I was idling around so I pulled it out and hand sold it.

Thanks for the visit/sale and in some random time 60 - 90 minutes from now I’ll tuck away another piece.

Axe, grapple, slingbow, what next? The bombs are not going out they’re in use.

1 Like