Is concrete pointless..?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

I mean to be something so basic, it requires exo drops. And how well does Kindling farming work - what is the max seed return cap? Is it 90% like with goo?

Food for thought:

Out of several planets, nobody is selling Kindling seeds. So is concrete broken/pointless, or is everyone just busy with spooky seeds…?

Seed return can be worked to 100% while still having a yield. No one is selling because everyone wants to make concrete right now. Once the initial rush is over it should calm down.

5 Likes

That makes sense. Good to see exo trips aren’t required to make plain boring concrete. So it caps at 100% seed return?

1 Like

You can get 105% seed yield from kindling. But crop return is terrible

3 Likes

Ouch lol, 105% with turrble crop return :rofl: think I’ll stick to marble.

2 Likes

One thing maybe playing in right at the moment is we are in a bit of a drought of the coal and metal exos… seems those are by far best for them. I know if one popped, I’d be able to get them back on my plinths but have - except for a small number I put up a bit back - been out for awhile now.

2 Likes

I have a full seed setup with 300+ plants. Full harvest I got 14 extra seeds… waste of time

4 Likes

Wow u could slap like 3 wild plants and get that.

1 Like

Exactly! Just going to farm the seeds and have a full crop setup.

2 Likes

Also full seed farm and kindling is a pain in my **** to get all my farm locations up and running started with even less combustion and i can fill all my farms (future) already with it.

1 Like

Pointless no, i was against the recipe requiring kindling. Still am. But recently made about 3k concrete. Probably gonna be making patterned concrete later today. I think anyone selling the kindling is either out or hoarding it for themselves (Me) since it’s not readily available.

2 Likes

Sounds like the whole process could use a little work then… low crop yield with 125% seed return bare minimum. Or no crop yield with 150% seed return. As-is, I have zero interest in concrete then. Not worth my time.

4 Likes

It’s not pointless it’s got 8 points…cough

4 Likes

I cannot seem to understand why there is always something to complain about?

8 Likes

Because it doesn’t sound fun :frowning:

On that note still busy with my build and the materials i use for it (except some metals) haven’t changed since farming came out.

Would like to pop by later to day to see the concrete if someone already has used it and doesn’t mind me popping by to have a look.

1 Like

I don’t want to see Concrete become the new Marble, where people spend hundreds of hours only for the block to get re-worked in 6 months. If it’s going to be looked at, it needs looked at now. Or not. Concrete isn’t my thing anyway.

However, show me what you’re doin! If you can make concrete into something cool, I wanna see!

I have some vivid mustard concrete up at my build in kindred bay. Still a huge WIP since i started last night, but I think it’s my new favorite since it’s so smooth.

3 Likes

Ill come by to check it out might end up redoing a lot again😉

1 Like

I tore down my whole surface level of my build so i know the feeling lol. Im on the south end of kb. Should be easy to find since its a large flat area now

1 Like