Is concrete pointless..?

Eventually we will reach a critical mass of supply, and it will be cheap. Hardly anyone was farming Shred before as there wasn’t much use. Once more people get going the supply is endless, and only limited by how much space people dedicate to growing it.

2 Likes

I like to farm. I farm all the inorganic crops so going to an exo to get goo results in a decent amount of kindling and combustion seeds without specifically looking for them. I have/am selling both the seeds and crops for these. (I think I’m empty at the moment, though.

I have most of my farm at 140 crop, 85 seed. This is a happy medium which requires less scrounging for the seeds without tons of harvesting with little gain.

1 Like

Yeah but 1000 plants will net you 50 extra seeds…

Just set up your farms to max crop yield and gather the kindling like we gathered everything before the farming update. Then, any seeds you get you can plant for bonus crop yield later on. This is by far the fastest way to amass kindling shred.

5 Likes

My farm is the same. I rather gather more than harvest my farm more since you also get kindling shred drops from the wild plant itself.

2 Likes

Just to clarify I wasn’t complaining. Was just explaining how the seed yield from a full seed set up is basically a waste of time. I love the game!
But when you wait 3/4 days for the
Smallest of seed yield when I could go out and collect 10x as many seeds surface gathering in half the time. Defeats the point of setting up a farm at all

1 Like

Did i reply to you? No i didnt.

A seed yield build should actually give you decent seed returns though. Not a fart in a baggy worth of seeds :rofl: that’s all I have to say really.

2 Likes

Your comment was aimed at everyone I assumed? My comment wasn’t far above. No need for attitude… thanks

1 Like

It’s all just a discussion, not a demand for change. Not how I would do it, but if it works for you guys it’s probably ok.

You can setup your farm to switch between Seed and Production by moving the Bitumen.

I experimented with 95% and 105% seed return intermixed and had pretty good results. In a large enough farm you got pretty good yield and I got extra seeds back each time. Seemed like a good balance to keep production while also getting extra seeds.

I do think these plants are designed to be gathered for seeds, not really farmed for seeds…but with a large enough farm :wink: you could do it I guess. hehe

Edit: They are pretty easy to get for the Concrete receipe. I am expanding my farm to get about a Smart Stack a week. Initially I will use that in building …but then after, it will just be extra. I think folks are using it now because the blocks are new vs selling it

4 Likes

cuz if there was no one complaining then that would signal the game was in real trouble.

4 Likes

Concrete is perfectly fine the way it is…

4 Likes

Lol, and here I am just wanting to get a hold of some seeds to plant for decorations, but not for concrete. Not sure what worlds they are on but I doubt they are ones I will go to (if they have aggro on site mobs or some sort of protection needed)

I :heart: Concrete

3 Likes

It’s not so bad when you can crank out 100 mass craft with one stack of shreds.

Personally, I like the solid color of the regular block, not sure how I feel about the patterned one really.

3 Likes

Nice gold look

2 Likes

Yea looks close to what im using. Vivid mustard or something a bit lighter?

1 Like

quite like this one myself…have started using it as path edging in my new workshop (wip)

3 Likes

Ask the devs why they keep making decisions worthy of complaint.

2 Likes