Is Forging Broken?

The forging process happens on the server. The client should perfectly predict the outcome so that it can be presented - as it happens.

The client appears to be mis-predicting that outcome. We need to fix that.

However, the client does ultimately present what actually happens. So whilst frustrating you are getting the correct outcome from the forging process.

We’ll get the predicted outcome fixed asap.

6 Likes

huh? have not even looked at them.

So how do I know what I am making is for one of the new ones? I guess I need to read up on them, have not had any interest in them.

@james thanks for checking into it. Next the amount of seeds of the new plants looked into please? :slight_smile:

The green text is showing what it does?

Also it uses venerable gums…

Thank you James. Hope its soon I am out of … everythiing. :slight_smile:

I need to read up, I don’t even know what venerable gums are, have been so focused on the farming and personal problems.

Only good thing so far in the gathering is that I am getting a nice amount of items to make to sell, but it seems it is better for wait, for the forgers, to let the forging problem be fixed. Hopefully I can have a lot made up for them to use.

I need to go and gather more.

Sorry to be off topic in this

Can anyone confirm if the forge was working ok before the update on Friday evening (UK time)?

If the issue was only introduced in the Friday update it will be much easier for us to track down what triggered it.

It was fine before the Last update

2 Likes

Thanks - helpful.

The boon that is shown last (for me always the magnet boon) is actually the one being forged. And it doesn’t matter which gums I use at what point and how many, my first boon always changes to the magnet boon, and when I’ve set one of them, it cooks with the magnet boon.

I regularly see exactly what’s happening in Hunt’s video, a boon appearing, apparently being filled, then disappearing, and my magnet boon sometimes being boosted and sometimes not.

Okay. So after some more testing, it looks like my magnet boon issues were very bad luck.

I can forge things by just completely ignoring whatever happens to the boons after I click Skip. The ones that are eventually left seem to function. The only exception to this appears to be when you get a defect/quirk. It hits the bar, it pops up a quirk/defect, and then the quirk/defect disappears again, and nothing gets filled.

It’s very confusing and annoying, but just completely ignoring anything that happens and mousing over the boons/quirks/defects to make sure they’ve changed seems to eventually end up with a usable forge.

(So what James said, it seems to be a client side desync/messup issue)

I was curious so I used an ALT and tossed a few random things in the forge. Boons kept immediately disappearing. Then some immediately changed to something else. Yikes :open_mouth:

This video is unlisted (not publicly published)

I’m starting to see a lot of stores on different planets with signs that say “no more forged items, until it’s fixed”

1 Like

Yeah, if you just completely ignore what the game puts in until you’ve moused over the actual boon, you can still forge.

But the Schroedinger’s Forge is very annoying. You can also just close your eyes for 5 seconds after you hit Skip.

1 Like

Yep can certainly 2nd that

Forging isn’t broken. There are some weird things going on in the UI, but if you wait until it fully decides where it’s going to put your boon points, it still works perfectly.

Getting random skills over gums I use is broken to me.

1 Like

Well. That’s kind of how it works regardless. There’s never any certainty. The deconstruction resin is actually my largest stack of forge ingredients :stuck_out_tongue:

Well at this point it almost seems not using gums at all would be better.

1 Like

i even lost tools in the progress i put a stack of 9 in the forge , comes out as 7 i assumed it was hungry and ate 2 in the progress xD

Orrian stole the other 2 hammers.

1 Like