Is Gathering Epic Working as Intended?

I built a glass cannon build with charge shot, and it is a lot of fun. It allows me to be a gatherer…and I just one shot mobs as they get into aggro range with my slingbow.

Using Charged Shot + Forged Emerald Slingbow + Strength Brew, while I walk around on T6 I can one shot Epic Cuttles with HP buff. It is awesome! Ups the drops as well. Personally I like the charged shot for my playstyle.

Yeah, but you get to pick up boulders. :smile:

I one shot most stuff there with just my Iron fist and and max strength+damage epic.

The thing is most “things” does little damage to you, those that do real damage, you can’t one shot with iron fist.

1 Like

The name is a little misleading, it doesn’t actually increase your fire rate, instead it makes it so you can hold down the mouse to fire with perfect timing the moment you reload. Still useful, IMO, but probably not what you had in mind.

I appreciate the conversational tone in this thread. Maybe we should start all threads with spreadsheets, it seems to weed out the negative-nancies haha

2 Likes

LMAO. I literally just said this a week ago about data driven topics…

PS- If anyone can actually answer that post, would be much appreciated.

I have been farming beans for the past several days. I noticed I always got 1-2 beans per plant. I decided to get the epic gathering skill. I assumed it would give 2-4 beans per plant. Instead, it gave 2 every time (out of around 1000 plants I’d guess). It seemed to me it ended up being more like a 50% increase in beans rather than 200%. I don’t have actual data though, just observation.

I thought this also.

But when I tested it with Bitter Beans, I would still collect 1 bean on some plants with the gatherer epic. That is what caused me to want to create the form and try and figure out if there was a difference in the long run.

the drop chance for an additional bean increases, not the number of beans u get

If the drop chance increases for additional beans, then the number of beans dropped overall should be increased significantly.

So far, I haven’t seen data to show it does. The 15% variance I saw in my small sample could have just been RNG.

Hope a new data set comes out, or the devs speak to it!

You can’t compare samples from two different planets. For just a simple example look at Exotic Earthyams. On Alcyon I’m able to gather over 200 in small area, i have 8 luck, and I’m getting mostly 2 yams per cacti. When I had also gathering epic, I believe I got exclusively 2 yams per cacti (but I did not record results, so can’t be sure I also since then i dropped the epic because I think it’s not worth it). On lower tier planets I don’t remember getting 2 Exotic Earthyams per cacti ever with a toon that has 8 luck. I may be mistaken, but… let’s look now at ores. From T4 I’m unable to produce more than 1 titanium ore per seam. Just can’t. On T5 I frequently get 2 per seam, and on T6 I get frequently 3 yams per seam. Another example is pulsating orbs, I do get 3 per fungi on T6 planets, but I don’t remember to get so much ever on T3 or lower tier planets. T4 and T5 just dont remember.

So in conclusion I think that drops per plant are limited on any given planet, but how much will drop MAX depends actually on tier of the planet. And with higher tier, gathering epic may be a good choice, but… to conclude test you just have to account for planet tier, and most of those test conducted i see don’t really say what methodology was used.

2 Likes

i see same ammounts on t1 planets and t6 i farm raw waxy earthyam on t1 planets with this sklil and drops in 99%2 pieces on lvl 6 planets drops in 99% 2 and in 1 % 3 this sklil not work or its bugged or is total useless i delete this sklil after my experience

My guess here (and it is just that) – is that maxed Luck and Gathering is hitting some kind of cap.

i.e, you have a chance of getting a rare drop (which can be a rare item or a double drop or whatever), however we’re seeing very little difference by adding Gathering to max Luck because max Luck is already almost guaranteeing a rare or double drop.

Gathering says x2, and maybe it is, but if we’re at a (random number off the top of my head) 95% chance of getting that rare or double drop with maxed Luck alone, then doubling that chance is really only altering what we see in drops by that remaining 5%, since I do not think it will roll over into a second chance for a rare drop.

:man_shrugging:

Thoughts?

thats what was actually discussed… need spreadsheets on different planets tho to confirm the cap and the possible difference of those caps on different tiers

1 Like

again i test it on t6 planets same ammount as without thsi sklil really not working or buged or total crapy skill

My bad, I must have had the page loaded from yesterday or something and didn’t reload before I posted, because I don’t remember seeing those posts until now :man_shrugging:

Yeah but that’s the thing, 1 bean is a sure thing, there is a chance on getting another, the gathering epic only increases the chance of getting the 2nd one and not getting more.