Is the gleambow event coming?

There appears to be a rainbow over Guildford. I wonder what it could mean? :thinking: https://t.co/pFl0KqoS2a

2 Likes

Yes, yes it is! :smiley:

2 Likes

@bigad9 we should team up and do some! :smiley: I didn’t do the last one, tagged along to a couple but had only just started and was so confused haha!

1 Like

Dont attack anything. Mine the meteor this is how you complete. There was confusion last time.

So you don’t have to complete the meteor at all before harvesting the mats?

1 Like

The meteor is completed when you destroy >50% of the blocks. Killing mobs does nothing. If I remember correctly they didn’t have any proper attacks, the cuttles just lift you up, which you can easily counter with a grapple.

3 Likes

Once you gather a % of the meteor it completes.

Hit with gleambow totem

The cuttles pick you up to try to stop you.

2 Likes

Hence why you always mine the lower (and center) portion of the meteor while trying to keep the top (and preferrably top of sides) intact, keeping the cuttles off you for as long as possible.

1 Like

Yeah definitely. I have no idea what it is but I’m excited :joy::joy::joy:

Hahaha I lol’ed at that :smiley: I’m not so sure either but we will suss it out. Baby cookie invited me along with her but prefer a smaller group cos the materials you collects aren’t shared! We should definitely do some as a pair!
Edit: of course, didn’t think about the size of the meteor… I’m torn between strategies :laughing: will probably do some solo, duo and group haha

1 Like

The materials aren’t shared, but the gleambow meteors do get bigger with more players. I wouldn’t try with a group larger than 5-6 though. I soloed or duoed most of mine last time.

2 Likes

I hear they have black gleam and I really want some for my build.

1 Like

I really wish they’d change it to have shared loot. My favorite part about meteors in general is the cooperativity.

Yeah I always felt kinda bad when I was hacking away with my 3x3 totem with a speed brew and others were slowly pecking away at it… If they were like 20 seconds too late after me the meteor was gone…

But still wanted the loot tho!!!

Honestly, I care mostly for the gleam, since now that has an actual use with the goo. All the other blocks are nice to put in storage and look at and to wish you had more of 'm to actually build something with…

Like me the last time this event came through. Really turned me off from hunting because I got jack diddly SQUAT.

I’ll take any miscellaneous trunk or foliage off your hands, clear up that storage space for you :wink: haha
I may be the only person who’s more excited for some cool trunk colours than gleam!!

2 Likes

May I ask what you gonna do with them?

I drool at the colours but all my ideas are, ehmm, a tad too big in size! :smiley:

1 Like

Tiny trees can be beautiful too! One or two trunks and a few bits of foliage and bam :smiley:

I was only joking though :blush:

1 Like