Is there a suggested lvl to start a 2nd character?

I think that having the knowledge about them helps you to prepare for them. I wish I had learned about them a month ago when I was at level 40, what works, what to do. It would have been easier in the transition, I would have understood what was happening and that I needed to focus my points in certain area, as I thought I could add to that page even after I had reached 100 skill points. It would have saved me some hassle as I figured it out.

When you main a miner it’s really not any extra work. I have enough skill points for 5 pages. I gain at least one level per hammer on average(depends what I’m mining really).

I could see that, I main a crafter.

As someone who HAS used skill sets, I can say definitively that it is not “extra” work and there is a gain.

The only downside to skillsets is that you’re limited to 3.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Less time wasted changing skill sets than changing characters. The pain of starting a new character is too off-putting for me. I’ll stick with my one character and 3 skill sets until (wishful thinking) they further the development of character progression.

I get the feeling it won’t be anytime soon sadly. But here’s hoping.

1 Like

Try Reviver brews instead…

1 Like

Not to confuse new players even more but there are cases where a second skillpage is beneficial before lvl 50 :smiley: Like my crafter, she can already craft all the tools and decorations etc, but to do brews and consumables I need a second skillpage because you can’t get all the epics on one.

2 Likes

Not true at all. The higher level you are the longer it takes to reach the next level and the longer it takes to aquire sills. For the same amount of time it takes you to go from lvl 50 to 51 and get 4 skill points, you can raise an alt to lvl 15 and get 30.

It takes considerably longer to get to lvl 30-35 on a second page then it would on an alt. That’s simple math.

That’s why my brewer and chef are seperate alts.

And let us not forget the benefit of all those easy eary level cubits/plots.

Yeah but if my crafter already knows all of the stuff before hitting 50 and has extra skillpoints it can be useful to get an extra page.

99% of time, 2nd skill page is useless before lvl 50. (Technically before lvl 75)
This game’s skill set system is not like rune page in LOL and other game.
You can’t switch your total points by page to page.
It works like you can use your bonus point to the 2nd page.

For example, if you are lvl 24, currently you have 48 in total.
100 skill points / page.
100 points - 48 points = 52 points (these are the point you can use on your 2nd skill page which you buy it with cubit)

So, in most case, people use 2nd skill page after lvl 50.
After lvl 50, you will stop gain lvl, but you will still get skill points and cubits.
Skill points gain will change from 2 to 4 points / level. 4 points x 25 bonus lvl = 100 points (This why i said lvl 75)
When you reach to lvl 50 after 25 more level, you can get total 200 skill points to use.
but only 100 points / page, this why you need 2nd pages ready to use.

In current meta, people prefer to unlock alts instead of buying 2nd pages before lvl 75.
The reason is in following,

1. Low lvl chars are easier to lvl up.
  2. Because its easier to level up, you get more cubits for plots as well.
  3. Specific in one job in your chars will make everything a lot easier
    (For example, Hunter Build / Crafter Build/ Miner Build)

The only 1% change you may need 2nd page unlock before lvl 75 is for the crafter build.
if you notice, some crafting skill like Food & Brew Epic skill you have to choose between one of them.
In this case you can use 2nd skill set to unlock every crafting skills faster.
(Only if you want to craft everything before lvl 75)
Personally i didn’t craft food by my own earlier, this why i didn’t need 2nd skill pages before lvl 75,

1 Like

I took my alt and had her skill up so I could use her points for crafting, making food, when she had enough points to do that I could give her the skills that let her mass craft, make all the food items and even some of the tools.
That let me take the skill points I had in crafting food and change them to let me be stronger in shadow effect, have more protection from the critters. As soon as I get JadeMan skilled up enough I can move all of my points from areas so that he can take over the weapon making, making such things as beams, poles and other items that I need those points for more protection for my girl to handle level 5 and 6 planets. And the tax one for my shops.

I take a character and put the first 600 cubits into the next character slot. It is quicker I think than waiting for a higher level character to get those cubits.

It’s takes approx 2 hours to level at level 50. I am not sure how much easier you want it to be.

Stop reciting theory and focus on actual experience. I have alts, I have skill sets. I can say that it’s easy to level up at level 50.

When you have max stats in an specific area, you can use that to help you level. It’s harder to level when you don’t have all of the skills you need.

You don’t have skill sets and you’re not level 50. Please don’t tell me what’s easier.

A max level miner can gain a level in less than 2 hours, half that with a teaching pie. Then he comes home with an inventory full of rock smart stacks, which get turned into stone for another level while you’re not even playing. That’s 8 skill points in 1-2 hours play time.

4 Likes

Yours way is better for experienced players,
But for new players, they have to get their crafter / miner at least.
Otherwise if you build a miner with 1 char only, it means before you reach 130 total points you need to buy everything on market instead of crafting by yourself. It also means you can’t do mass crafting before your 2nd skill set unless you want to give up some skills for your miner.

As result, for new players, at least they need 2 chars i think.

1. Miner
  2. Crafter.

After that, i think they can use your method to get their hunter character.

It takes about 2 hours to get to level 10-12, without using teaching food or masscrafting. You just made my point.

By the time you get 10k prestige on your beacon you have most of the skills you need for specialization.

Actually the best I’ve done is under 30min to lvl 14 when I finally built a shelf that has all the items ready for most low level objectives :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly.

That is fine and great for people still at lower levels. My main character is level 80ish though and a level 12 character is useless to me now. Both systems are useful at different stages of the game.

Of course, once any of my characters use all 100 points, I’ll be getting additional skill sheets.

The entire point was that, for a new player, alts are MUCH faster route to getting all the skills you need.