Is there really a problem with player retention

I rather like to see starter planets, where new players can do what they want, build, forget to fuel beacons, don’t lose anything, but once they get to the stage they plop down a beacon on a non-starter world they will get a huge message on screen that from that point on every beacon needs to be fueled in order to keep your stuff around.

So if a person starts playing, likes it but didn’t make it off a starter planet they can take very long breaks before coming back without losing stuff…

Oh and of course, players who already have beacons on non-starter worlds can not add NEW beacons on starter worlds…

2 Likes

I wish it would have told me to press B to view plotted regions when choosing a starting location. I did my best to aim for what I thought were roads, but wasn’t familiar with the geography of planets and mistook rivers for roads. Ended up in the middle of nowhere. Moved my base on day two after someone showed me the PS network.

1 Like

New ideas for player retention:

Sell drugs on boundless (sic)
Pass laws requiring people to play boundless
Pay people to play boundless
Sponsor Ninja to play boundless
Get Kim Kardashian to play boundless on KUWTK

One of the issues I see/have is that once you stop playing and lose everything, it makes it harder for players to want to play again.

Game needs a way to save 1 build so you don’t need to start fresh every time you take a break from the game.

Who wants to play a game off and on when you lose everything every time.

Yes, you can refuel your beacons or pay for gleam club, but not everyone wants to pay for/play a game they’re not currently interested in. It makes sense for not taking up space on a planet, but not for literally losing all your stuff.

Maybe they should do a promo and make it free to play- that will boost new players.

Also have a auto save function on your plot so if your becon dies, you can drop your build instantly once your ready to go again.

They’ve had some promotions with big sales and were even part of a humble bundle.

Also they do have a new(ish) beacon reclaim system where if your beacon dies all of the items (anything you’ve placed, including liquid and storage inventories) go into an infinite inventory that you can then access when placing a new beacon :smiley: .