Is this where we post our NMS pics?

1 vote and 5 comments so far on Reddit

5 Likes

did you mean to post some? :open_mouth:

Oh, now you opened the floodgates with me… :joy: And great pic! :slight_smile:

Actually, as an aside, I’ve started an NMS guild in Boundless, only one other person now though. Got the minor hammer versatility buff going at the moment, but mostly intending it as a social guild. I know we’ve got at least a few people here who play both, and I’ve got several Twitter followers showing strong interest in picking up Boundless (I’m trying to promote it best I can) - would be neat if we could get a Hub going outside the NMS multiverse!

Anyways, of these shots - will start with recent ones - I loved the planet in the second and third pic. Had people tell me it looks like BOTW.

1 Like

I’ll add in one more set of pics for now, one of the favorites I’ve found in the last year or so. Big diplo world that is also pretty, rare storm but not too many. I’ve claimed a basic base near the portal, this is in the Xbox universe (I’ll go back to PS4 with VR), I really need to go back here and build sometime. I’ll include the portal address.

1 Like

These pictures are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. You sure know how to snap some nice pictures. You must have the photographer’s eye.

1 Like

Thanks!! :sunglasses: I’m glad virtual photography/gametography has become big, especially in NMS. I always figured that the game would be a great photography sim, it was what I was looking forward to most in it. There are a lot of NMS photographers out there now - the community is really great - and there are some I can’t hold a candle to. For those who like this stuff, the ones I’d recommend checking out are-

https://twitter.com/RayReynoldsNMS
https://twitter.com/Crisdaru

Lots more great ones of course out there, but these two guys are just constantly blowing my mind with their work.

1 Like

A few from this weekend. I really can’t wait to see places like these in VR. I’ve got my PSVR all ready to go. I started with Skyrim, and the thing that is most impressive to me is the scale. Being in the NMS universe like that will really be quite an experience.

2 Likes

Took this one yesterday afternoon, I liked how it came out with the clouds and light.

BTW, sure doesn’t take much for us fans to go pretty well insane, huh? :rofl: One word sending everyone into a theory frenzy, for all who saw that… but then, maybe we will be getting more info soon, they do seem to be getting more active!

1 Like

DUMP WARNING!!!

1 Like

Dang, NICE! :slight_smile: Wow, you take good ones! Do you Tweet your screenshots? If so, throw me your name, I’d love to retweet these.

… Actually, these days I’m way more retweeting others’ stuff than posting my own, I’m addicted to Boundless, and I don’t want to overdo NMS before the update comes out.

I post the occasional one to Reddit, but Reddit is weird… I make what I consider a good post, it sinks into oblivion. I butcher a pic of Sean Murray or make a dumb meme with a Gek and Vy’keen named Umad and Bro, that shoots to the top. :rofl:

1 Like

Heh, I have exactly zero social media accounts. Unless this forum counts. I am the most elite private gamer you will likely meet. Same thing in Boundless, I just do my own thing. So, yea those are all original. I have about a gig of pics for NMS. You can retweet any of those you want or whatever. I don’t know how it works :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: Haha, honestly, that’s probably a good idea not to… they can be trouble some times, fun as they are. But luckily the virtual photography and NMS community on Twitter is a great one, so for that specifically I’ve never had any problems. So far, knock on wood. You’d definitely be popular if you were on there. Hell, my account there, I simply started as a screenshot dump - I was mostly on a NMS forum so just needed a place to upload them to, and from the PS4 that was easiest. That board slowly died though, and without any solicitation, my Twitter account started getting followers! (Actually a shared account, though the others with access haven’t posted in forever) So sort of stuck with that.

Good to have another place to post them here to! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another group from that last planet. I am sort of tempted to claim a base here, not my favorite, but it is photogenic! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And another nice world!

@C0ND1T10NR3D - Just tagging ya so you know we’ve got an NMS thread going in here! :slight_smile: (Since the OT stuff here doesn’t show on the main forum)

… I’m thinking we’ve got to be getting close to hearing about Pt 3 here. Right? I hope? :rofl:

2 Likes

Whoa, Thanks for the heads-up, @bucfanpaka . I wish I’d have known before about this thread. It could have saved many of my screenshots. Steam suffered a critical error of some sort a while ago and I had to reinstall it. I had forgotten to back up my NMS screenshot folder and Thousands of screenshots were lost. Going all the way back to version 1.0 to NEXT. All gone. :frowning:

Now, I can’t get the game to run without crashing. I don’t get it because my new PC is a lot more powerful than the one I started playing NMS on.

No biggie though because I recently bought it again for the PS4 in preparation for BEYOND and PSVR. So, there’ll be plenty of screenshots posted here, from me when Beyond hits. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow those are legit. Nice pics.

1 Like

Yikes!! :frowning: That’s just awful, sorry you lost all of them!

A thread like this is good for saving some, having a handy place to come back to find them later. Plus, for all I love Twitter, I can go on for longer in posts here than in my Tweets. :wink: And everything does get buried so quickly in my Twitter feed, I tweet and retweet too much sometimes!

@Creegle - Thanks!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, Twitter is a pain when it only allows you 4 shots per tweet. It would be nice if they increased that limit someday.

Anyway, I found a few that I had in another folder. So, I’m gonna dump them here in case I run into any more issues in the future. Here goes…

I’m glad this first one got saved. A very affectionate bug. Shame she wasn’t exactly ‘my type’ lol…

A.I ships should learn not to try and follow us through portals!..

I’ll just dump the rest here now without captions…

And that’s it. Shame because I literally had thousands of 'em. But at least a few were saved and that’s better than nothing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These are gorgeous!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Third one down looks like it could be a painting! Sweet Alien multi-tool there at the end too, wow!

2 Likes

Random NMS shots and thoughts of the day. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wondering if Beyond might hit on August 9th, the three year anniversary of release? Three parts to Beyond and three years later. Selfishly just hoping it doesn’t hit first half of July when I’m off… though we might take off again in early August if things line up right. But July will be a long trip with not too many chances to see what everyone is up to online even.

nms1 nms2 nms3

1 Like