Is this where we post our NMS pics?

So to prepare for this release, should I Max out my fleet? Mass produce all vegetation? I think I’ll go ahead and do that…

1 Like

I think I might just start fresh on the PS4 with a new file, or perhaps I’ll start one and just get far enough to have a decent ship and all, then take over in VR from there.

Some of it is though, I’m waiting to see what else they announce. Particularly, what all is coming with the social aspect, how will all of this work? It could just be messing with us (can’t say I blame him, I’d probably mess with us a lot more if I were in his shoes) but Sean did seem to drop a couple hints at cities. So perhaps there will be a few true cities/dev created hubs we can get to from anywhere? Perhaps there will be easier ways to reach player hubs coming too.

My main PS4 file is parked something like (if I remember right) 50k ly out from the center of Euclid. My original plan was to start claiming an empire close to the center, not too close, but maybe 10-20k out. Maybe I’ll still stick with that, but I think I’ll just head back on out to the edge with a new file. But then, I’ve got tons of units on my main file, maybe I could go out again on it and focus on getting the best possible ship in the meantime.

I haven’t put too much into my bases so I don’t care if there is a universe reset. Come to think of it, I can’t well remember any of my PS4 ones but one that was already reset last time. Might be a good time to redownload on PS4 and come back to it, since I’m pretty sure I’ll mostly abandon the One for a bit when VR drops.

1 Like

Hit a good one tonight, system with two really beautiful planets. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I claimed a base in the spot where I’m on the shore giving the thumbs up. Eventually I suppose I’ll find a portal so I can share the address with everyone.

… This is truly my idea of an perfect Friday night: lazing around with video games, others can keep their parties and nightlife, give me a comfy seat, controller, and a snuggie! :joy:

1 Like

dadgum. That is a beauty of a planet. I wish I had ever found one half that nice. That outer orbit shot is amazing as well. That does sound like a very rewarding Friday night. I guess you had enough fun for me while I was mowing 3 lawns after a full day at my main job . . . in Texas heat :hot_face:

1 Like

Yikes!! :frowning: Hope you can get some downtime soon!

And thanks! :slight_smile: I’ve had a good run of planets lately. Quite the good luck hitting a system with two really nice ones! Other times I’ve had where I’ll make a ton of jumps with nothing too good.

Made two jumps from that one and hit yet another great one! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: These shots are just from my first landing site, I haven’t yet explored much or seen any of the animals… maybe there will be some good ones, might be more pics incoming from here.

nms5 nms6 nms7 nms9 nms10

2 Likes

Wow, I need you to show me what I am doing wrong holy cow.

1 Like

Thanks!! :slight_smile: This has been a lucky streak, but in general, my philosophy is to keep moving. Some players focus on building, on making units and other such stuff, but I’m pretty much pure nomad explorer in NMS. No one planet can tie me down too long, regardless of how beautiful, I appreciate that part of the beauty is in the impermanence (though for REALLY good ones like that one earlier I do plop down a base so I have the option to stop back some, eventually maybe build like on that diplo world :wink: ) and say my farewells.

Also, I mostly ignore certain types of worlds like toxic and radioactive and dead, unless I think a dead moon might have a good view.

Perhaps things will change a little with Beyond and I’ll partially settle down somewhere, if the social component is engaging enough for me.

There had been some rumors of a Switch release for NMS, but nothing announced yesterday. That would sell me on a Switch, otherwise I’ll wait for Animal Crossing next March, hoping they have a special edition Switch released for it.

1 Like

I am exactly the same on my playstyle with nms. I dont even have a base except the one I built in 1.0. my Starfleet is my base. Nomad for the win.

1 Like

Ok, so I just had a really evil idea - I don’t dare post it in the main part of the board for fear of being run out of town, but my fellow NMS fans might appreciate it. :smiling_imp:

Could you imagine if Boundless had, on some of the T7 (and above, in the future, or maybe JUST on the above T7’s), a mob that functioned like a Sentinel? Where, if you start ravaging the world too much, they appear to attack in ever greater numbers and ferocity, and could freely spawn through barriers? I mean, if you think about it, we Oortians are not the most environmentally-friendly bunch. :joy: That would perhaps throw a real twist into high level limited resource collecting. Take a few blocks here and there, no problem, start going nuts with a 3x3 mining, and you’ll be dead every minute unless you flee for a bit for a cool down period. Muahahahaha.

1 Like

Oh man. This would be so cool. If you dont wanna suggest it public, I will at some point. That sounds crazy fun.

1 Like

Haha, thanks!! :smiley: Appreciate it! If they tear you apart TOO badly I’ll jump in to share the blame! :wink: I think it would be kind of fun, make certain worlds a true challenge for gathering, and slip in SOME form of an Oortian EPA to keep our greed in check!

1 Like

Got off work a little early today, so went back to this one. This is probably in my top 10-20 worlds I’d say. Great colors, what I’ve seen of the fauna is cool, and rainbows.

2 Likes

Um whoa. I have never found a world half as nice. I maybe am too close to center??

1 Like

I am pretty far out on the edge on this file still, so maybe that is playing in to it. But, I was finding good ones on my PS4 file 50k or so out too. I do seem to remember that yellow systems have a higher % of the lush world types. I mostly hit the yellow and blue ones… though, that one with the two nice planets was a green system, good thing I hit it!

Another option - head to Eissentam. I’ve stayed in Euclid on all my files, but tempted to take one there. Supposed to be a lot more lush worlds there.

1 Like

NMS is not my type of game, but I did enjoy watching my husband play it and seeing all the crazy creatures and beautiful planets. Love space.
He doesn’t play it anymore so I am enjoying the NMS experience vicariously through these screenshots now. Lol thanks. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks, glad you like them! :slight_smile: NMS is definitely a unique game, such a chill (well, unless you’re on survival or permadeath, haha) exploration experience. I’ll probably be posting some updates about the big Beyond update coming up as we get news, he might want to check out NMS again after it drops, depending on how long he has been gone, the game may be a pretty big change from the last time he played.

I’ll post just a few more from that world here, since I got a few nice shots I think of those interesting Proto-Geks (as I call that general type of creature). I plopped a base down here too, even though it is so close to the other, really prefer this one to the other two now I think.

But still, I must move on. :wink: More horizons to see! I just hope I find one like this on PS4 when VR drops. I like this one enough that I might post it to Reddit later.

2 Likes

Ok, this is not a screenshot, but just something extremely cool and says a lot about what a great group the NMS community is-

290 votes and 22 comments so far on Reddit

Took well less than a day for almost two grand to be raised to fund a thank you billboard to HG… plus food and beer from the sounds of it!

THIS is why I’m plugging Boundless so hard to the NMS crowd. It is just an incredibly cool group of people. :sunglasses: Need to get more of them in here.

2 Likes

Sean smiles upon me! … Or at least, his maths smile upon me. :joy: The good run continues, most recent ones being reds and oranges.

On the last post, the money raised went WAY past that with the overage now going to a children’s charity - I threw in $15 myself. The message on the board has been changed a little since the donations were coming from all over, not just the people on Reddit. The goal now is to raise $6,000 to help the charity. Major outlets have picked up on this story, Reddit itself made a really sweet Tweet about it earlier.

… Oh, and now the fanbase has also taken it upon itself to boost Hello Games’ Google ratings. Dare anybody to say fans can’t make a difference! We are an interesting group - I sometimes think we’re the very definition of Chaotic Good, with all the stuff we do. :rofl:

Edit: @Creegle - No rush, but if you get a chance, reply to this sometime so I can continue to spam this thread, haha! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: No more than three replies in a row allowed it looks like for a person. So I have to thwart the forum software here so I can continue to be annoying in this little hideaway here. :wink: I’m kind of quieting down online otherwise right now, but I want to be able to keep spamming screenshots!

2 Likes

I genuinely am fascinated by your pics. Sorry for the reply drought. My bad. The reason is that I wanted to reply with pics but I have not been at my PC. Keep em coming!!!

1 Like