It’s back! Forest / tree contest 1 year anniversary at Naughty Hunt Lodge - 2.5 mil in prizes (so far) - all participants get 50k

Bump

Everyone gets 50k!

1 Like

I had an idea for a tree. Is it ok if its not frozen forest or autumn themed?

All tree types are welcome :blush:

1 Like

Just making sure, I go to the Naughty Hunt Lodge, exit out the East door labeled

EXIT TO FROZEN FOREST CONTEST

and then I go build whatever kind of tree I want in a free space somewhere?
And the contest ends mid-december.

1 Like

Yup! Exactly

1 Like

Excellent question! I do better if I tweak a build over time but I managed to get the essence of what I’m trying to make for the tree contest set up, I’m just not sure the nature of what is happening is easy to see or guess from the name of the beacon yet.

Don’t give me feedback based on this note or via message, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the contest per se. I have asked random people who wandered close enough while I was there though :smiley:

Taking a break to try and rebuild my cleaned-out coffers after running out of oort for the Tunnels, then I have to work more on the three contests for my shop at DKMall, and I’ll come back and hopefully see little ways to improve the readability of my tree’s situation. I’m going for a visceral response, just not to the chaotic result of being early in my building skills path.

I’ve spent most of my building effort on putting as much function into the tiniest spaces I can, the habit is hard to break to inspire trying new things. I’m going for entering all four of these contests tho :smiley:

Whee, I just found the Browse To Screenshot feature, no more screenshotting & cropping my screenshots :smiley:

Since this post is rezzed now too, I’ll put this here too.

If anyone is working on or joining in on the tree contest, I’ve put up a new portal by my tree for easier access. Available in TNT megahub, NW corner on the North side.

Also, a sneak peek at a small part of my tree/ruined wizard tower. The main jumping puzzle is up, but there is a lot more coming.

does it count if your ‘tree’ is 99% creativity?

like does it have to be a fully grown, mature tree?

Nope! Be creative!

I’m done. Named it ‘potential’.
This single block of dirt is a tree. It holds a tree seed with unlimited potential, which it can grow to be anything.

Unlike all the other contestants in this contest that has it’s purpose set for them, I gave this tree potential.

5 Likes

I know it’s a complex abstraction of a tree, but I think you might have to rebuild it at the contest area.

3 Likes

Nah, I was just messing around with the limits of what’s acceptable as a tree. I’ll spare the contest area of this thing xD

2 Likes

Big brains.
Clearly a winner.

Hello!! Is the contest still open? What is the due date?

1 Like

Extended until January for now :blush:

3 Likes

The results of the Brown Town contest reminded me about this one.

Anyone still working on a tree? Come to think of it, I’m not sure which ones are in this year’s competition except mine and Solgato’s.

Also, has anyone made it to the central room of my tree without a grapple? Have you found all 12 lore signs?

2 Likes

Thanks for putting one of my fave songs to rollerskate to in my head <3

I have not yet, I tried to do the first thing but nothing worked so I’ll try again

1 Like

Wondered why that drop was familiar…

1 Like

For the jumping up the trunk part, I recommend using a character sheet with the slowest walk speed. If you haven’t seen the top, and just want to see the stuff up there, there is a lantern you can grapple to get up past the jumping puzzle.

2 Likes