Item Search Bar + Keybind for "How to Craft", and "What to Craft" | Quality of Life Suggestion

One of my favorite quality-of-life additions to modded Minecraft: The ability to press, ‘r’ while hovering over an item, and a pop-up GUI appears showing a list of every way you acquire/craft such item, and also pressing, ‘u’ on an item showing every possible way that item can be used in crafting. (I’ll give an example as this might be confusing by description alone.)

Here, I have an Oak Wood Plank.

If I press, ‘r’ over the item, this GUI appears, showing every possible way to craft an Oak Wood Plank.

If I press, ‘u’ over the item, this GUI appears, showing every Crafting recipe in which Oak Wood Plank is used, as well as ways it can be used in other machines.

You can also search for items in a big list of all of the modpack’s items, and learn the same information from them. It’s a good way to learn where to find things / how to progress when you’re stuck. I also think this could really help new players who are a bit taken aback by the complexity of Boundless.

I think if any inspiration could be taken from Minecraft right now, it would be this. This addition would help crafters on the fly immensely, and be a useful resource for the ever-expanding selection of items in Boundless.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m currently looking at some improvements to the crafting interfaces. I’ll keep this in mind :+1:

3 Likes

A text search would be hugely appreciated.

1 Like

I’m really quite glad to hear it. Thank you for your response. :slight_smile:

It’s been designed for quite a while now - just not implemented. Hopefully soon though

1 Like

That would be awesome, thanks!

1 Like

@kernal Hey! So I’ve brought up some other “crafting interface improvements” in the past month at this thread if you’d like to give it a look. :slight_smile: