Items Preview

I already want to see them in game, hopefully they are implemented in the next update

I really like all those concepts although I always imagined that the Oortcube would look like the cubes that are socketed into the weapons/tools:

5 Likes

Honestly, everything but the quiver, bag, and refined metal looks good. Either the 3d models should be more vibrant in color or detail, or should be remade completely. Just my opinion, no offence to your modelling skills.

1 Like

I think you missed this post …

3 Likes

I think he´s talking about the overall appearance of the items not the textures.
And I have to agree with him to a certain extend. The quiver for example really looks a bit plain and could use some more details or a design that looks a bit more original.

1 Like

I don’t see how the statement made could not relate to textures …

… especially when referencing colour and detail. Yes additional detail can be applied directly to a model, but is often not necessary with a decent texture.

I should note that the quiver isn’t finished in these images(it really was just a snapshot of my working scene) so the finished item will be a bit more interesting.

5 Likes

Well that explains the amount of details.
But how are the massive heads of the slingbow projectile going to fit into a traditional quiver? :scream:

1 Like

Magic :smiley:

3 Likes

Some form of quantum displacement? The bags use them as well to hide those 20x stacks of 99 blocks :wink:

1 Like

Worked for Noah’s Ark.

3 Likes

Quantum displacement sounds reasonable

Though I im persanbly quessing for it to be an Efficient Quiver

2 Likes

Lol, so like a bag of holding, but for archers?

1 Like

Basically yeah ^.^

(Or well you would surprise everyone and stuff completely unrelated things into it, I had a player using it to store alchymist fire, grenades and other weapons by some reason that wasn’t what his enemies was expecting to be hit by when he reached into the quiver :smiley: )

3 Likes

No i didn’t miss it. I’m talking about the overall looks of the items not the textures. Sorry i didn’t make it clear in my first post.

Yes, that’s what i was talking about. The items i listed before look too plain.

Here’s a new week’s worth of items :3

From left to right: Small, medium and large fossils, that you’ll find while digging up blocks. The multicoloured dust is an ‘extract’ produced by a machine, the claylike stuff next to it is a ‘mixture’ and the squarish block is a ‘compact’ material - these are all used in crafting as you feed raw materials into a machine and these intermediate materials are produced. Next is a bone that will drop from creatures when you kill them, some leaves that will drop from leaf blocks, and a tasty slab of meat(which isn’t quite finished; that’s what I’m working on today) that you’ll also get from creatures. All of these besides the fossils will come in various different colours depending on where you got them from.

16 Likes

Looks excellent!

So these will be the inventory icons and will appear in your hand when holding them right? Will they also appear as these icons when the item is dropped on the floor?

That’s the idea, yes :smile:

5 Likes

I like how models came out of this objects, also how they will be used in carfting and for what type of crasting. maybe the bones to get bone weapons or bone powder for doing some kind of medkits. however i like how this turned out