Jail Systems (anti-crime mechanics)

Npc’s are not part of the current plan, was reconfirmed recently by ben.

i would just hope you couldnt steal anything from other people though, a beacon should be a total safezone, if you allow thieves then people will just lock their beacon up whenever they are gone which would be a bit of a shame.

Well I don’t mean NPCs like people but like pets or something similar so you can set up traps,

What about people who like pvp and want to be able to loot caches and stuff around the perimeter. I don’t think chests should be locked onto the person placing it, maybe have the option to have certain chest rules,

Private (personal)
Open (everybody has access to it, take/leave)
Eyes Only (only people can look but can’t take out)
Deposit (can look and place items in but can’t take out)
Withdrawl (can look and take items but can’t put items in)
Locked (nobody can look inside)

-If a chest is broken, all items inside will be mailed to owner of said chest unless chest rules are changed to otherwise.

i’m still personally against it, standard beacon should be a complete safe zone, no exceptions.

now this is something you can join in the discussion about pvp beacons, there are alot about beacon capturing, destruction, whatever, those i care less about, remember, even if you like pvp some other might not, are you really going to ruin another persons day for your own enjoyment?

i do believe pvp worlds should have other rules though. but that would be the only place i would be able to see lootable items, and even there im still highly against it.

I can see what you mean Zouls, I’m not much of a PvPer myself, I find it exciting but I would be crush if I logged on and found all my stuff gone or broken.

I know I like setting up safe zones for other people to come in and resupply though, I think jail system would be more fun for pvp realms myself.

1 Like

So if there is ever a blacklist, and beacons have a reaction to blacklisted players, do what Zouls already said and just have a magic wall to block them. In response to lack of immersion, the beacons are magical: magical beacon = magical wall that prevents annoying things from getting in. Done.

2 Likes

to take the freedom of a player by putting him into a cell is to harsh … I would love a simple “blacklist” for beacons and/or doors. If somebody was bad to you or the community, just ban him out of the beacon or let hin not into your home. Easy and effective … a timer would be nice, but not necessary.

1 Like

what i mean by putting in a cell is yes he is in a cell but the cell is open so if he leaves that specific cell area he is insantly transported out of the beacon area therefore cannot interact with the other areas inside the beacon

yeah, but that means more time for programming then just kick him out of the beacon at once or let him stay outside from the beginning :wink:

1 Like

i guess but it would look nice and give a reason to build jail cells

1 Like

Jeah, but I think not everyone want to build those … I for my part don’t think about cells when paning a fort or village … but about WALLS :wink:

1 Like

You can build traps in the open world for players to fall into and lots of creative ways to do so.

1 Like

thats a completely different topic though im meaning you as a owner can apply them to a jail cell if they go out of line and and if they enter your beacon area they are sent there until the ban time runs out then once it runs out they can wander freely till they are put back in there but if they go out the cell during their time the instantly get transported out the beacon area

Well, if there are people wishing for such a system it may be made as a mod later (or even as a feature past 1.0) but I think that for the most a simple ban/blacklist for beacons, doors and gates will be satifying.

1 Like

the problem with even having that ability is still simply how abuse-able it is. I promise you, if I could do that to somebody I did not like simply because they dared enter my beacon… oooooh the number of ways I would set them up to die… I’m not sadistic, I’m just an evil ■■■■■■■.

1 Like

Still build jail cells, use them too. It’s the “go directly to jail” just for walking into a players beacon that’s got abuse potential. I like the premise, just not the execution.

1 Like

what if there was a thing that, well it has it in minecraft how you are not allowed to place a spwan point near anything that can harm a player so what if you can only set areas as cells if there is no harmful objects within say 5 blocks

so for say some people could make their cell underground and make it surrounded by lava but not over lava so it looks nice

Where you set a rule, I will find a loophole. It’s not about instantly killing the player, simply setting them so that death is unavoidable. Example, I could set the spawn on a vanishing trap door-floor that then drops them into lava. I could have the roof open up with lava to flood in. I could piston (assuming an oort equivalent) the walls shut so that they are crushed/suffocate. Or, my personal favorite, open a trap door to a horde of monsters. Fight for your life, and my amusement!

I dunno, I don’t like having to have a jail cell on my premises just because somebody from blacklist enters, I mean I feel like having a pet aggro onto them and attack them if they come onto the property that way they can run away.

[quote=“Hyllfyr, post:39, topic:1420, full:true”]
I feel like having a pet aggro onto them and attack them if they come onto the property that way they can run away.
[/quote] So like a guard dog? That sounds cool. What if they enter the beacon from a direction that the guard dog can’t reach them, say grapple hook or roof top? I would taunt a dumb ai for hours just for kicks.

1 Like