James can you get in touch with me

He certainly does. You could almost describe it as ghostly. :rofl: who knows maybe one day we’ll get some attention from the devs. Until then I’ll just keep creating. :v::beers:

4 Likes

Maybe we should get a Ouija board.

1 Like

Maybe we can get the Devs of Phasmophobia to create ghosts with the names of the Boundless Devs.

3 Likes

:joy: might as well

someone told me that their fps dropping to unusability was b/c of lack of server maintenance; do you know any details?

There could be some issues with the server that causes FPS problems but usually it is a matter of the performance on the video card side as well as game settings and your ability to handle them.

It’s very unlikely that server maintenance has anything to do with FPS. Rendering (and therefore the performance of rendering, i.e. FPS) is not done by the server, it’s done by the client.

Unless a developer has identified a specific issue whereby the behaviour of the server can affect client FPS, anyone else claiming there is a link is just making a correlation fallacy (there is no server maintenance and my FPS is low, therefore one must have caused the other).

Ah yes but Boundless is, ahh, special.

You’re right of course, there is no “direct effect” however there is something that happens that starts to cause the weather system to be weird. This causes both visual (weather) problems and for some people rendering issues. Problems with a fog.

It’s actually a particular problem and everyone starts to notice it, even those with enough rendering power that a bit of smoke/fog is usually fine.

@Solgato it’s pretty obvious and if it’s becoming a problem again lots of players will notice it within a couple of days. It’s not something that (typically) affects just one player at a time, but those with low end graphics will usually notice it first.

2 Likes

For the past year and a half, I’ve had connection issues with Boundless. Every few minutes, the game rubber bands and I get that “unplayable connection” message. I’ve always been told that it’s the fault of my ISP.
I would have to disagree. Of the dozens of MMO’s I’ve played over the years, Boundless is the only one I’ve had this kind of connection issue.
Never had this problem when they were doing regularly scheduled server shutdown and maintenance.
I understand that they took a great opportunity to work on a big up and coming game, but it seems like they’re doing it at the expense if their existing games.
People are quitting out of frustration, gleam club is not being renewed for a lot of people, and sovereigns are going dark. Boundless is bleeding money daily.
Heck, you can’t even tell them, “Hey, can you removed X sovereign,” because they don’t even do that anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ll come back to ban your account for breach of CoC and all that. :sweat_smile:

Completely depends how you do it, if you blunt attack them then sure, they’ll ban u but if you do it in such a subtle way that they don’t even understand it then
 :wink:

1 Like

But if the point is for them to see and get the message, then it’d be counter-productive, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

For sure & for some trash pandas that’s the only way to get through to them huh.

What have you been doing? I’m just confused about what you’re trying to accomplish. Not even annoyed, just curious.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I can cover that part. That’s my secret Cap’. I’m always annoyed.

Now all you get out of my lawn! Bunch of annoying kids! SHOO!

4 Likes

You’re right, “Unplayable Connection” has nothing to do with individual ISPs, because many different people (in different countries) have reported it, and for many of those people it happens only in Boundless while all other games work fine.

My own ISP actually provides 24-hour customer-accessible quality monitoring of ping times and packet loss, which for me shows that there are no general problems with my connection even though I get the “Unplayable Connection” message a few times per hour just like everyone else.

2 Likes

At least in regards to unplayable connection
 then depending on the bulk of loading stuff and your network transfer setting, I can get that warning as well at times when going from a portal to a fresh load of an area, or if you are moving through a large Plant Farm area, where the server needs to calc the progress of the crop as you make the area “wake up”.

My main internet died last night due to Lightning, then I was playing on 4G
 was getting the unplayable connection all the time. Also I can get the unplayable connection if the CPU is heavily loaded.

1 Like

I have run cpu load monitors while playing various games. Boundless has never taxed my cpu. I’ve mainly got the unplayable connection while either mining or building. I have pretty stable connection. Same one I’ve had since I started playing boundless 3 years ago.

1 Like

Idling in the sanctum right now:

With GPU numbers like that, I literally can’t render fast enough to stress the actual CPU.

Well the sanctum is intense, graphically. Here’s McRib at night:

1 Like

Working fine here at 100 FPS vsync. Playing all evening already, but playing on an EU planet from an EU connection which helps ofcourse.

On what kind of hardware are you playing? Which region and internet and LAN connection?
I’ve had some issues in the past on wireless and on powerline adapters, but it’s fine for a very very long time now.