Jeracraft's house in Boundless

Make sure you mention the humble bundle incase he is interested in trying boundless out.

2 Likes

I like your version much better. Boundless has this certain immersion to it that minecrack completely fails at. And your build fit inside that world and the land around much more smoothly than the other one did in that one other game. Excellent job friend!:+1:

2 Likes

Great job.
Overall i think minecraft vids are great for people who dont know how to build fancy stuff.

2 Likes

Awesome job!

1 Like

Perfect example of the fact that any building (excluding moving parts) you can do in minecraft, you can do better in boundless. Chiseling just adds so much depth!

4 Likes

Jeracraft’s house (and many MC-pro-builders) rely a lot of trapdoors and fences to break the monotony of blocks. That’s actually quite clever, and it really brings the house to life far more than the chisel-work, in my eyes. However, the chisel-work allowed me to gain some space inside the house, that’s something else.

But really, once you get inside the house… If I wanted to get close to what he did, I’d have to make furniture with chiseled blocks, and I’m not sure how good that would look for my tastes, so I skipped that part.

You gotta admit Minecraft is currently still very much ahead of Boundless in terms of furniture.
They have bookcases, beds, ladders, actual flower-pots, picture-frames, anvils, closed barrels, actual lantern props, rails…
Once Wonderstruck releases the furniture update with all the promised props in Boundless, then we’ll be able to do wonders.

Minecraft also have very unique crafting stations. I’ve said it elsewhere before and I’ll say it again, 2 of the 4 blocks in each of our machines are the same for all machines, and honestly, I’d rather be able to get rid of them, and just keep the unique parts (like the circular saw of the workbench).

I’m seeing some fun little tid-bits here and there like how a trapdoor in MC can stop the smoke of a camp-fire, whereas the smoke of a campfire/beacon in Boundless goes through blocks. They can also extinguish a campfire, and I don’t even know if we can do that. Does a campfire work underwater?

In MC, they have carpets that can be placed on the floor or on walls to make curtains or banners.
They have levers to activate stuff and make basic machines, which can push and pull blocks, which is then used to automate stuff that dwarf what Ovis does. I’ve seen a machine that detects when a crop of bamboo grows to a certain height, and the upper part of the machine then cuts it down, automating the harvest of bamboo to make sugar and XP for the owner.
Also, yeah, MC has bamboo that can grow very tall, they don’t just have trees & leaves.
They can make a map of a part of a world and stitch all the part together on a wall to make a world-map. Imagine being able to combine a sign and an atlas in Boundless!

There’s so much stuff I’m looking forward to have in Boundless, it’s crazy. I can’t wait!

3 Likes

But Minecraft is also older so they had time to add all that to the game. I think it’s been out since 2004

2 Likes

I don’t think Boundless is using Minecraft as a checklist (could be wrong, dunno lol). It would be cool if they are still planning to add some furniture items, ladders, etc though.

I like how the smoke from beacons can be incorporated into builds as a block type - if you hide it, it’s like a smoke VFX block. I think the campfire is kinda redundant in this game - if they were to add some type of interactive ability to it or something, that would be interesting. I think a lot of players would like some way to create or place a flat map on signs or on a wall somehow (possibly be able to select a part of the world map that James has been posting - so you can show the area where your build is, if you prefer).

1 Like

Moving parts would be groundbreaking for boundless and would really close that gap. Hoping for it.

2 Likes

Maybe they are using MC as a checklist we don’t know,lol
We do need better furniture, props, pets, mounts, a new type of map to put in our builds, atlas is more a portable map.

I thought the same thing the other day when I was talking to some friends about building games. I was informed I was wrong lol. Live was released in 2011 and 2009-release was the stuff like beta and alpha etc.

However that’s still a significant amount of time. My hope is boundless will be around that many years from now

2 Likes

By the way, did jeracraft ever answer you back about the house build? or boundless?

Yes, obviously.
Honestly, I’d even say Minecraft is so old, it should be faaaaaaar better than it is now.

I also think Creativerse is already quite ahead of Boundless in terms of block variety and props. Has been before I came to Boundless, and it still holds true. A week ago, they released a new pack with toilets, tub, sink, toilet paper, gamer computer, gamer joystick, keyboard, screen (that acts like a picture-frame) and a soda can…
Less than 3 weeks before, there was the ‘retro / Mario Bros’ pack.
Looks like they’re now releasing packs after packs of content to build with. Also, they’re working on something that seems to relate to eggs. Maybe breeding pets and stuff. :man_shrugging:

But that’s really the one thing where CV excels at compared to BL.
CV is still terribly bad in a lot of other places, like optimization. Still takes ages to load a world, where BL is almost instantaneous.
However on the ‘PvE content’ side of things, I’d say both CV and BL have been quite still for a while.
We’ll see what happens when the shields, lance and other goodies are added.

CV also has an alternative to that. They have a phaser machine that can hide/show 1 to 8 blocks in the direction it’s pointing. So you can make hidden doors, deployable bridges, etc.

Not yet, but it’s been less than a day. Might take more time for him to see.
Then again, it is possible he’s just not going to reply ever.
Time will tell. ^^

If he decided to make a video-special where he comes to Boundless to see what cool thing he can do, that would be a huge win for Boundless, IMO. That’s kinda what I was hoping to achieve by making the house in the first place.

3 Likes

This would be really cool to see too

1 Like

If he comes to boundless and makes a video, I hope he ends up close to a city, town

have seen some that end up in the middle of nowhere do a hut and never comeback.

Cough ,cough youtuber nooblets.

How did they get Toilet Paper!!!

3 Likes

Pretty sure they added a wall-prop toilet paper to go with the toilets, AND a grenade-like throwable roll of toilet paper.
So you know. They have fun. ^^

Good rebuilt video.
I may make a comparasion video based on those builds between 2 games.

3 Likes

But, doesn’t creativerse still hide all of those extra blocks, and items behind a pay wall onto a dlc? That would be why they pump out extra blocks and items so fast. Actually, when they started putting everything behind a pay wall is when I quit that game. Still have my original two world’s actually, that I’m surprised they haven’t deleted yet cause I didn’t have to pay for them back then. And still have all the portals to every biome in my basement haha

I paid for the Cv package and was happy with what I got, but they did make those older kits free recently lol. I don’t know if it was for a limited time only or what. Boundless kinda ruined the other voxel games for me, personally lol. When I try to play them, all I can think abt is Boundless :grin::joy:

4 Likes