Joint statements by Goblinours and (myself) Krasniy

So as many of you know recently gobblinours and myself recently had allowed things to escalate between us. This was unfortunate as it reflects negatively upon all of us here within the boundless community. Most of you do not really know me but I am actually a very very nice guy but sometimes I get caught up in the moment which is something that all of us have been guilty of during our lives I am sure. I am happy that we have been able to come together to resolve this peacefully and also that we were able to do it publicly as hopefully encouragement to anyone out there who has issues with someone in the game or their neighbor excetera or maybe even in real life that even if that person next door has different views than you we are all human beings. I know sometimes I can come off being condescending but it’s just the way I phrase things I do not really mean to be anything other than nice to people. I do believe that our game is like a giant social experiment here in boundless. We can choose to build our tanks and our missiles and blow each other up or we can learn how to be neighbors Good Neighbors in fact. That is a choice we all have to make. I am sure that most of us are here for the same reason I am I love this game in building stuff in this game brings me some peace and happiness in this very very chaotic world that we live in.

As for my monolith project it really is a giant lore project that I’ve been working on for the community since December, I hope it’s something that can bring us all together when it’s done… That being said I did choose very poor judgment in locating at next to Goblinours very awesome looking base and for that I apologize. I am going to move the monolith to a different location on that planet hopefully with developer James’s help…

As for my political leanings my original Avatar that I had on here for very long time was a trump cartoon picture I don’t think it even had any words on it. I just thought it was a cool picture of him nothing more nothing less I never drew attention to it and I figured it wasn’t really a big deal. Then someone called me out on it and one of the Forum posts I think a month ago and I became offended that they called me names privately So I responded with this current Avatar which was much more of a statement that I will not allow people to bully me. I don’t usually tell people this but when I was growing up I had only seven fingers I had to deal with people bullying me and abusing me. One day as I was entering High School I decided that was going to end I joined the high school football team I was a varsity wrestler and those people soon realized I was the bigger person. My Philosophy is I protect the week I protect those who are being bullied I try to protect the rights of everyone even those I disagree with. I am far from a champion in life I assure you but I try to live by these ideals in game and in real life. I’m the kind of person that when I give you my word I darn well intend to try to keep it. Another thing you must understand about me is that I’m like most anyone else I’ll give you the shirt off my back but when backed into a corner I will bend but I will never break.

I think what is important for us all to understand is that if somebody wants to put up the Communist Chinese flag along with the Statue of Mao I would hate it but at the same token I would argue in defense of you having the right to put that up no matter what because we should all be free to express ourselves. In this game we have the opportunity to build virtually anything that we can dream of. Heck I built Axon out of a dream I suppose. Funny antidote it might surprise you to know that was not the original name that I had I actually had a name called sanctuary of the Krasnians but I met some people and I really wanted to have some people to play with so their condition was is that I would use the name they chose which was Axon. I gave them my word. That would be my city name. Couple few months later they disappeared along with their builds and yet I kept my word axon it still is.

So let us take this moment and accept that our neighbors are different but that we are all still human beings and we need to learn to live together side by side in peace and harmony. Those are not words that you should just use in lip service either you really need to live that way. For a while I allowed my emotions to cloud my judgement as I am sure most everyone reading this has been guilty of. You may not be able to be perfect and you will probably fail over and over but the important thing is that we all try to be better people both in real life and yes in this and any other video game.

I would like to thank Goblinours for the words that we have exchanged in private. I am happy that we can both hold our heads High on this day. Thank you everyone for reading this.

29 Likes

Well done everyone :blush:

1 Like

I am happy to hear that you all were willing to work together to bridge the differences between each other and solve it. As you say, all of us sometimes get too passionate about our beliefs or views or how thinks look in our perspective. I’ve always believed that since this is text communication and not face to face it makes it much harder for people to understand each other.

You are right that this is a social experiment in this game in trying to put a variety of people types and game play types into the same sandbox. All of us are at the mercy of that system and sometimes the conflict can get hectic and isn’t good. In the end I think if we as a community continue to try to change systems that cause the conflict and help provide more options, planets, safe places for people to build and enjoy the game that in the end things would be much better off.

I do believe we all want the best for this game and to give each person the ability to build, create and play the way they want. Maybe if we all try to see everyone’s comments in that light we might have less arguments here… Not to mention that 2 people sharing that they actually solved a disagreement is a good example for others and will hopefully cause others that might not like or agree with people here to become a bit more tolerate and try to close the gap between them.

3 Likes

Hear hear!

1 Like

Now kiss. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you. We all see headlines but we don’t always see what happens after. This is what community means.

1 Like

Glad to see you guys worked this out. How’d the move go? Find a good location. Did you help him move too @Goblinounours

I moved it solo… now located around 2400M away from Goblin’s build…

Glad to see this got worked out. Nice job everyone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want me to help you move the rest of what’s left underwater next to my place, I can do that, though.

5 Likes

This sounds like two mature adults had a disagreement, and resolved it. Way to set an example.

Political statements, no matter what, invite discord. Unfortunately you cannot make a statement of support without backlash for the faults of your subject matter. The question then becomes, can you weather that backlash?

My momma taught me, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”

2 Likes

Topic closed at OPs request via DM.