[Resolved] Just bought and game won't load

I start the game within Steam. The preparing to launch screen loads and then a message of failed to initialize authentication is displayed.

Trying the Boundless.exe I see Fatal error 27 errorcode_steam_api message

The boundelssloader.exe is the same as loading from within Steam.

1. Can you confirm how far into the game you get?

• Do you see the sign-in panel?
    • Do you get a grey welcome screen?
    • Do you get into the Sanctum?
  2. Please make sure you have the required dependencies installed:

1. Please share the game logs with us:
  1. Please make sure you’re running the latest version of Steam, and you’re running Boundless from within Steam.
  1. All no. The game never starts. Just the error messages.
  2. I installed or repaired all dependencies. Same error message.
  3. There isn’t a Turbulenz folder so I can access a log. I installed the game on the D drive, is that an issue?
  4. Steam is running package version 1509425745, API v017 from 10/30/2014 and a manual update check states its up to date.

This sounds like the problem someone had, and they fixed it by logging on steam and running Boundless on another PC/laptop?

If you remember that @james

2 Likes

I do.

And IMO that is a Steam issue.

Not sure if it gave the same error message.

Can you make sure that a Firewall, Router, or Antivirsus aren’t restricting Boundless?

1 Like

Holy ■■■■!!! I feel like a goof…

COMODO firewall blocked it without an alert. I completely closed it in case that was the issue and didn’t even check. Unblocked and the tutorial loaded!

8 Likes

Hey @kenbanks76, don’t worry about that, it happens, avast also caused some issues for some users. I was about to suggest you check your antivirus and firewall software if any but you (or James) beat me to it :slight_smile:

Hope you’re enjoying the Boundless experience :slight_smile: :boundless:

2 Likes