Just bought the game and cant finish the tutorial messages

I got stuck at the point where the game requires me to build a crafting table. I made 4 seeing if the message would go away. Instead it bugged out and told me to do the same thing over and over.
-Craft table
-Wait
-Put in inventory
-Get items to do so again
At the point of making a cooking thing and both parts to it. I tried cook something because my energy was gone. I also had the problem of not knowing what the most basic cooking material is. Hopefully the tutorial tells you this.
So i killed my character deleted them and remade them.
I could really use some help here.

The knowledge tab should let you know what foods you can make. But at the beginning cooking earthyams or meet from the wildstock is the route to go if you have no cooking skills. Edible lamella and meat in a furnace will give you a soup as well. I believe you don’t need any cooking skills for that.

As for the tutorial bugging out wish I could help you there. That’s a @james thing.

How might I contact him?

As for food. I probably hadnt progressed enough with that bugged tutorial to know there is a knowledge tab. I tried to cook something but it said it was too high of a level.

After chopping down the foliage from some trees you should also end up with some starberries which you can eat raw or cook. If you’re not able to kill any of the creatures yet (wildstock can pack quite punch for a new character) then just hang around near the waters edge near some wildstock and it won’t be long before they come down for a swim, except they don’t know they can’t swim so you’ll soon be able to collect the meat etc from them, make sure you cook the meat in the furnace first though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

just send him PM via this forum or ping him here using this @james :slight_smile: he will help you out :slight_smile:

That helps somewhat. Ill keep in mind these creatures cant swim, and that berries exist.

1 Like

So I just say @james ? That i have a progression bug? A new player without a tutorial that works fully.

Try go standing on top of the crafting table. :slight_smile:

I had this problem with the tutorial asking me to craft something endlessly. Think there was a bug that was caused by me crafting from outside the beacon plot while my crafting table was inside the plot. The tutorial progressed as soon as I moved inside the crafting table plot.

I will try that next. Im just worried about it being broken.

I’m not seeing this on my end. Could you open Journal -> Objectives and expand the current objective to show what task is not completing for you?

He’s kind of like the candyman, but you only have to say his name once before he appears behind you in the mirror… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thats straight up terrifying but alright. Lol

I dont need to really expland anything. Its just doesnt let me progress past the point of making a work bench. It will not stop wanting me to make a work bench.

It will tell me to make one put it in my inventory and then make more. I had made a total of 4 before i gave up and killed my character.

Its a very beginning tutorial thing, and i cant make any progress on it. Make a table, over and over and over.

I think he want’s to see a screenshot of the exact state of your journal UI so he can ensure he’s testing from the correct state to reproduce the issue so they can fix it.

Well i did delete that character. Who knows it will even happen again.

Regardless. I do not feel like revisiting this game at the moment. Already made me want to restart completely.

Just thinking was this about crafting table or workbench which are different crafting machines in Boundless. Workbench is formed from 4 crate blocks that need to be connected together.

The crafting table. Not work bench.

I was still in the tutorial objectives. Does it ask later to craft a work bench?

Most of objectives are more as teaching ones and some of those is is about building more and more advanced machines.

But my reply to thread was wrong assumption. Tutorial seem to be bugged to you :frowning:

Yup. Thats what i dont understand that others dont understand.