Just got game - Crashing when Launching

I just purchased the game from steam.
Have combed through the forums and google searches.
Tried:
-uninstall /reinstall
-updating video drivers
-enabling / disabling firewall and AV
-updated .net
-manually ran commonRedist installs (directx, dotnet, vcredist)
-always launch from steam
I do get a log:

INFO …\src\browserfeatures\signin.cpp:175 (turbulenz::ExtractErrorMessage) Full message: {“data”:“no account associated with steam account”,“ok”:false}
INFO …\authentication\authentication.cpp:454 (turbulenz::authentication::GetAuthenticationToken) Failed to signin with embedded credentials: unknown error (404)

Windows 10
i7
48GB ram
SSD - plenty of space

1 Like

what does the error message in steam say, does it say it has a missing file like what happen with me and because I ended up having to play on another pc

Error message in steam?

The only thing I get is Boundlessloader_win has stopped working.

Error message says: no account associated with steam account.
Your steam account and boundless account are not synced yet. How long ago did you buy it?

Less than an hour ago.

well steam it self wouldn’t load the game pass pressing play game for me so I don’t know you might have to ask a Dev

Do you have a title in the forum yet?

Not sure I know what that means. So… probably not.

Please wait until tomorrow. There is probably some kind of strange bug happening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will do.
thank you

Is this still not working for you? The error log is saying "no account associated with steam account” so that is the problem rather than drivers etc. It should not be crashing though. It does require Steam to be running but you listed that you did launch it from Steam directly. Did you see the login window pop up the first time your ran it? It will need someone our end to dig through and see why its not worked in your case.

So I just tried it again with the same results and same error.
The first thing that pops up is the BoundlessLoader_win has stopped working error.
Then a black screen that turns white.
when I click on close program (on the error message)
it goes through the cycle again.
When I click close program a 2nd time it will go away.
I never actually see anything load in.
I even tried sneaking a peak at the log files inbetween clicking the “close program” button.
The logs read the same error both times.

As @michaelb says this is strange. We will definitely take a look at it once the dev team in online on Monday morning.

Can you confirm if you have anything funky in your Steam setup? Family sharing? Purchased with one account, then switched to another to play, gift from someone, or something like that?

A few things to try:

1. Make sure Steam is up to date.
  2. Confirm Steam isn’t Offline.
  3. Try the Beta version of Steam.
  4. Randomly try switching to the “Testing” beta version of Boundless, does that work? Then switch back as you shouldn’t need to play a beta version of Boundless.

Confirmed:

Steam is up to date
Steam is not offline
I have switched to Testing version (tried to run it) and switched back.

Nothing weird setup. I am on the only steam account available. Not playing through any kind of family sharing. Same purchase method I use for all my other games, fire up steam. pick the game. pay for game. Download.

Also, I would like to add that I have just now fired up my laptop, downloaded the game and launched the game successfully from there.

On my laptop when I launch the game it takes me to a log in screen. I then have to enter my login credentials and log in. I am not sure if thats what is supposed to happen, as the error I am getting on my desktop suggests the credentials are coming from steam. That login screen never appears on my desktop (where the issue is) it just goes straight to the crash error.

Ok - that’s good to learn. Thanks.

So Steam thinks you own the game, Boundless now has credentials for you, and you now have the Explorer badge (on the forum) - so everything worked as expected.

So this suggests that there is an issue with the setup of your main PC.

I would guess that:

1. Something is broken with your .Net setup. (But you say you updated .Net. and the commonRedist installs - doh.)
  2. Something in blocking your connection - local firewall, local antivrius. (But you say your enabled / disabled firewall and AV - doh.)

(Sorry this isn’t really helpful.)

oh hey, ignore that last post. I feel like something just happened in the background.

I now have a title after my name “Explorer”
and the game is working on both machines.
So I am guessing someone manually did the sync for my steam account and game account, OR the sync finally happened. I just happen to be testing it on my laptop when this took place.

It’s still strange.

Running the game on your laptop allowed you to enter your credentials.

I assume you were not asked for these on your main PC?

Well, thats the strange part.
my laptop fired up the game without error. It brought me to the login screen where i had to enter my login credentials.

The desktop WAS just crashing before even loading into the game.

I think, I was in the process of testing it on my laptop while my account was being synced, thats why my laptop seen it first. From a programming point, I would almost feel like maybe the game doesnt know how to handle steams login when the account isnt synced? Because now both laptop and desktop work fine after my account was linked.

I work a lot in visual studios, so just an observation really.

Can you confirm if needed to enter a username + password on your main PC after it worked on the laptop?