Keeping fit with Boundless

was wondering if anyone manages to incorporate any rl exercise into their boundless game life.

I have an exercise bike, with a small table attachment, arriving tomorrow, from which I’m hoping to be able to use an keyboard and mouse and so be able to pedal away while also mining the **** out of t6 worlds.

This isn’t my first venture into such things. Have very successfully used an xbox controller to play WoW etc while on exercise bike and on treadmill in the past but has been a while…much prefer me old keyboard and mouse.
My belly is slowly growing :frowning: but I find just exercising profoundly boring…I need something else to do (I always take my camera with me on walks for this reason)
Reason for my growing concern over belly size is that, until recently, I was in a job that kept me quite active but left at the end of december to move back to my parents abode so I can care for my dad, whose mobility, amongst other things, has recently taken a nosedive (plus my mum was already having to using walking sticks).

So please share if you have somehow managed to fit some keep-fit into your gaming experience!

11 Likes

I repeatedly pick up and almost throw my mouse when forging.
It isn’t very heavy but I do it a lot :woman_shrugging:

20 Likes

What if we added a bit of extra weight to that mouse ?? It would be more dangerous throwing it around but think about your arm muscles !!

2 Likes

Every meteor you complete, do a pushup for every Oortstone you get.

Every 10 rift you find, do a star jump.

Every level you hit, eat a piece of fruit.

Everytime you die you have to drink a glass of water.

Fun little things I do from time to time if feel like I’m next up on the grim reapers paper round :heartbeat:

8 Likes

I’d drown…

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
10 char

Haha :joy:

I’m so addicted to Boundless that I often skip eating, does that count? :wink:

11 Likes

Its working womders for me, so I’m going to say yes.

4 Likes

This is SO weird. I tried this the other day :laughing: I figured I’d be fit as a fiddle if I excersised every time I game… it didn’t go well haha. It’s fine for mining and general wondering about. Harder when you’re trying to sort storage/shop stands or build anything… I didn’t even try to chisel! Lol

Adds some realism to exploration when you’re gasping for breath too :rofl:

5 Likes

I have a under desk bike at my office and under desk elliptical at home. I wouldn’t rely on it to be the only exercise during the week but it helps.
Keep in mind though if your on voice people usually can hear you pedaling away. Will cost you about $100 on amazon unless you want one that has bluetooth that tracks calories and steps on an app on your phone.

2 Likes

I die so often, Id probably die IRL from too much water!

3 Likes

No! Paka you need to eat your earthyams :fearful:

3 Likes

It’s a vicious circle :joy:

1 Like

20 push-ups a day, no alcohol, nothing sweet, lots of broccoli and lots of water, I guarantee you will keep a good figure, as long as you do it daily, you should always try to be as healthy as possible, greetings friend

5 Likes

I haven’t eaten in 6 days

4 Likes

Hehe, I actually DO need to eat, I skip meals all the time, sometimes for days… but not fair really to blame Boundless for it. But convenient. :rofl:

… If I eat all my Earthyams and clean my base and walk the Spitter though, maybe can get new Umbris exo? :pleading_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I don’t have anything good to add except to sadly say that this reminded me of all the things (exercise / healthy food) i need to fix in my life :joy:.

3 Likes

I lost weight playing WoW, just didn’t have time to eat :rofl:

3 Likes

@Trickyy90 great minds, eh…yeah, I think this will be when I’m mining (which I do an awful lot…everyone please stop buying my darn coils! check out @Vansten the coil king :grin:) and when exploring exos…gonna start peddling harder as race to the grab all the resin!

soz @RedY3 :stuck_out_tongue: as long as your oort is getting plenty of exercise in-game

@Fante saw those and was tempted but I imagined bashing my knees on the desk every revolution…do you have a raised desk or just pull it out from under the desk when you use it?

what? pizza on it’s way…

Eat a lot better than I used to (lost about 3 stone when I changed my diet about 7 years back) but some things I just can’t give up…life’s too short :boundless:
do actually eat broc almost everyday plus courgettes and some form of meat but my portions far too big :sweat_smile: plus always have to have a glass of wine or g&t while cooking.
then I must have some choc (but only have the 90% stuff…still not great I know).
found these on amazon (uk) the other day…no carbs but soooo tasty

edit: eek, I think my desk needs a clean…

3 Likes