Key Bindings Mishap

I was playing about in the controls panel and accidentally set my “set to fullscreen” binding to LMB…so when i try and select something it toggles fullscreen mode. For this reason I cant “reset controls to default”. I close and re-opened the game, didnt fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled, didnt fix it. I also tried using MouseKeys as suggested on a previous thread, but because the key is set to the equivalent of the LMB, it still just triggers the fullscreen. I tried to find and delete the file suggested in that thread, but cant find it. Please someone help, I really dont want to have to return this game.

I run Windows 10 btw

2 Likes

I can help :smiley: do you now how to get to your boundless files?

1 Like

Yay! No I don’t

1 Like

Should be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless

1 Like

idk how to find that…

1 Like

Ignore this one…

1 Like

OK, in steam, right click on boundless in your game list. Then click on properties at the bottom. Then click local files along the top and there should be an option to say “validate integrity of local files” or something like that. Click that and wait, it should be fixed after that… @Zaidra

1 Like

That worked! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nvm. didn’t work -_- I deleted the file but then the game wouldnt launch so i “verified the game files” through the Steam properties thing, it launched but the key binding this is still messed up

1 Like

hmm, let me try something

1 Like

Try this

1 Like

ah, my bad, I told you the wrong file :joy: From the folder you were in for the game files from steam, go into the user_data folder and enter the next folder. Then delete controls.json

3 Likes

Okay now it is fixed :slight_smile: thank you for replying quickly!

4 Likes

Same problem, save lmb bound to debug, tried everything shown and a bit more. Still broken.