Knowledge Tab & Sancturn

I originally thought of the Knowledge Tab being a more hefty and powerful tool. I also think I might be getting a little ahead of myself and I’m sure devs are working on the knowledge tab as well as the new sancturn.

But here it goes, list of things that I think could be presented better for a new player, as well as the tutorial.

Sancturn

• Sancturn will have a collection of resources being displayed around it, on stands, displays, or whatever method that’s better. The materials displayed, will be unlocked or lighted up as you find them and collect them in the world. Approaching them would reveal guides to where to find them again or where they might be more plentiful. Things like “Small fossils: Checking the sides of dessert caves will yield you results, remember not to go too low or wander too far, your journey just began”
  • I also know with the introduction of starter peaceful planets, you’ll have more of a controlled environment to make the tutorial experience faster, easier to understand and much more of a controlled experience. But I also think the sancturn could also be part of a more controlled experience where you have the player experience the basics of the game, before it sets on it’s adventure.
  • Sancturn could serve as a collection of videos, showing off different stuff to relive certain moments or tooltips to find useful.

Knowledge
I originally thought of knowledge to be the ingame wiki, and still think it is (I hope), it doesn’t take as much priority as the other features so it might’ve been pushed back or secretly being worked on.

Right now it only offers knowledge of the recipes you learned by unlocking them with skill points, but I expect the following to happen or want it to happen.

• Knowledge tab will complement tutorial objectives with information about where to find x resource in the world. This information will be available before you unlock certain resources and will happen when you activate the objective. To facilitate the search, as you’ll know how the resource looks.
  • Displays information about status effects and the like, once you’ve experienced them.
  • Will have videos or guides to chiseling, how to achieve the different shapes on the different types of chisels, once the skills are unlocked.
  • Information of the creatures.
  • Different types of planets.
  • And a bunch more of extra information

I wanna ask, what the community thinks about the above and what could be improved or changed to better suit the needs of newcomers, but also players who’re still experiencing the game. Or players who wanna revisit something, they didn’t pay much attention too, before.

7 Likes

The intention is still to expand the Knowledge section into something akin to an in-game wiki where you unlock the ‘knowledge’ as you discover/experience that thing in game.

18 Likes

Worlds 5/30 :scream_cat::scream_cat:

3 Likes

According to the front page, the game should launch with 50 :slight_smile: but whoooo knows.

hehe

4 Likes

Yeah, they said it would depend on the playerbase
Is this one in the collection yet @dwarvenname

Sorry that should have been:

Worlds 5/3000

17 Likes

Umm… :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

2 Likes

Go on then :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m confused, why is there no edit history on your post

1 Like

It’s within 5 minutes

Edit: I just figured out my settings were weird so I couldn’t quote anyone :wink: I use you to test it :joy:

1 Like

4 Likes

I always wanted to be able to check on what I need to gather in order to build an advanced item. I thought three knowledge tab would have that info, but I wasn’t able to find it. Am I just blind or does it not exist yet?

1 Like

He’s a secret developer :thinking::confused::disappointed:

2 Likes

Nah he is more like Hermaeus Mora. He seeks to know all!!

5 Likes

I like how you talk about yourself in the third person.:joy:

1 Like

Rumplypigskin doesn’t know what you mean by that. Rumplypigskin will ignore the fact he read your comment wrong.

10 Likes

I don’t think so, but it definitely looks like a lot of the other GUI mockups with that layout. I haven’t really been maintaining the collection recently either though, I want to do an overhaul at some point. Thank you for notifying me though!

1 Like

Worlds 5/30,000

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Worlds 5/300,000

5 Likes