KREE MALL- (Give me your feedback)

I like the idea

It’s been tried, not enough people are willing to trust even a well known community member like me when I tried on a small scale, but one day it will succeed :wink:

1 Like

nah it wont no matter how trustworthy you are maybe good friends or those you talk to daily would
but i don’t see this become a thing really nowhere never doesn’t matter what game maybe 20 years ago trust was not a problem but in this generation it is, no matter how kind one could be even after a couple a years he or she could F#K you over and one person is not the other
@kemyobra as much as i LOVE this idea and having it tried seen being tried and wish you luck on that part but i doubt it will work out the way you want it to be.

overall good luck bud!

2 Likes

Maybe let them plot them

I think it’s a great idea! Especially for new players or anyone who wants a store, but not the hassle of planning/building the structure.

4 Likes

I would build it to have Fun if it do good or not at least you had fun building it boop

2 Likes

Really want to be supportive, new ideas in Boundless are rare.

However, this isn’t a great idea. The only person this idea benefits is the mall owner.
All footfall and full item access for the mall owner, nothing stopping them from skimming off the top. Unless you plan on doing actively tracked inventory.

1 Like

Looks nice no doubt. I like the concept as we are taking over a store at DK and I just have to be in the mood to build it, so this would be nice if I just wanted to sell stuff.

Putting the trust/control thing aside, it seems like this would be beast for you to manage daily if it were to be populated and turning around stock. Changes or fixing issues, restocking etc. would be dependent on you and your delegates being available no? It seems like the Boundless systems needs a few more tools to make this a feasible reality. How do you wheel inventory… hand trade or zero cost baskets?

So the owner of the shop would have access to the stands and the baskets so they can put their own stuff up for sale. The owner would have control over pricing, stocking and collecting profits.

2 Likes

Yeah trust seems to be a big issue with this idea- people need to relax and give something new a chance.

1 Like

I trust you buddy, I would give you permissions of my base without problem.

1 Like

Same I actually did it

It’s been decided then- the mall at this point will be for guildies and friends only then.

Thanks for all the feedback people, it’s good to get other peoples viewpoints and concerns before embarking on a massive build like this.

Or people who want to do it? Like you just make say 10 extra shops and add a capability so you can add more shops

Ok, thank you… that makes sense. I missed that earlier somehow. When looked at it the first time it felt like the owner would have none of these controls. I was also busying nose diving into lava and the core of a t7 over and over so I may of split my attention too far. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grin:

That seems feasible then. Id be interested.

2 Likes

I’ll get building the mall, and post when it’s completed. Look forward to having anyone Support that wants to. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In the meantime, if anyone wants to connect to our new guild hub hit up @CaptAmerica1611 for a portal spot.

Nowadays i dont know exact number. Cause i dont rly use malls anymore… Thats cause they are just big clusterf For me. I prefer little shops.

Oldest Active one and i would say it was the first mall is Gyosha Mall no doubt.

We had Pretty good “kiosk” thing going on In EA… If someone remember ynys affallon In Berlyn.

I really miss those days.

Note:Fuels were much pricier back Then… Even around 10k each… There was no gleam club.

One of my first shops was in the Golden Mooglies shopstands on Eresho acessible to me to fill and gather coin via advanced locks. It worked great :smiley:

1 Like

Nice- well mall is underway and it’s starting to take shape yay.
I’ll update this post when it’s closer to the grand opening.

2 Likes

About the design… It looks a bit cold and uninviting. Each shop should have it’s own style and feel as to what is going on with it (as much as you can do in this game). Otherwise it is just a big box store - Target, K-Mart, etc. And you are really not giving most shop owners a reason to put stuff in there because everyplace looks exactly alike with nothing to draw people in, even if it’s just cool chisel art or something. Plus, as others have pointed out, there are (and have been) so many malls that try to re-invent the wheel when there is really not enough population to fully support the handful that are successful. I like you have vision and hope it works out, though.

Brown Town Mall is an outlier with it’s success. The fact that you and Beth are great and most people really like you has helped a lot. Add in the popularity of the hunts and the flow of people through there to start with and it took off. I am glad it has been successful and it makes me happy that there seems to be somebody there every time I run through it. That said, a lot of other malls have popped up and I have checked them out but rarely see anybody in them. It’s safe to say that at the moment there are more malls than population to support them. As builds most are really nice so I hope they were built for the joy of building them and not feeling that they needed to really be a going concern.

2 Likes