Labels and name change

@monty1 @Tiggs

ability to change character names without breaking beacon and guild alignment of course.

ability to name crafted / forged items as well. giving items an identity is important to some of us.

could we get these two changes looked into in the near future please.

4 Likes

The studio just started taking the game over I would be worried if we hear nothing about development around Christmas next year. But until then I will keep my beacons burning :fire:

This was previously worked on at least somewhat. I found this msgpack in the game files a couple of years ago.

Yea I do remember something about this back in the day so hopefully they can do a quick update to make it a thing.

My favorite quote for this (character names) thread:

That’s 2015. When I got here in 2018 I’m not sure if it “fell off the list” or not due to concerns with player shenanigans. Discussion was mixed.

Another argument for incremental updates. It’s not like they’re trying to sell annual DLC. Adding a small feature here and there seems to keep people happy for days or weeks. Not just happy. Excited.

As for naming tools, I don’t get it. But for me the kind of tool that people want to name is something that really has like, a 15 - 30 minute shelf life in most cases.

As I think it through though, I have an umbris axe that was made and forged before the first umbris planet. I might like to put a name on that, but as it is I’ve never thought one up for it. If the feature was there, I’d use it.

Both good features. IMO. The concerns with griefers hiding their characters is mostly handled by disposable alts, anyways.