Lake: ashes to ashes

Noooooo you don’t need 40 fully powered centraforges… don’t give in…
But it bothers me too. I would like it if there were 6 different machines worth having duplicates of, not 5.

2 Likes

I spent about 130,000c here yesterday x-x

2 Likes

And I’m only just getting started sighs I still need 240 coils :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

meh, I put in 24 anyways lol.

1 Like

it been getting increasingly difficult to keep up with demand (not complaining!) so changing my modus operandi

have just loaded request baskets, gems and metals, with over 6 million coin at my Gyosha Mall outlet…more to follow elsewhere.
have closed down shop at Lake, on Soch I, for the mo…give more focus to my other shops.

edit: have added more request baskets with over 6 million, at the hill on Tana VII, under dk’s mall

1 Like

not a drama post.
FYI I won’t be playing for a while so go go go give your hard earned coin to @DKPuncherello and others if you need coils (they are slightly sub-standard but will do in a pinch) .
Portals might also go down for a bit though hopefully I will be back, if the proposed new update issues can be resolved.
If I don’t come back, I have left a sign with the rough amount of gleamclub time left, at my lake and hill build …some tasty things down in my basements :slight_smile:
Will stay on forums to keep up progress of the changes.

2 Likes

I will make 2 recommendations.

1.) Stick a bunch of your stored valuables on your characters inventories, that way they can never be lost to regen

2.) If you make your beacon guild aligned you can have guildmates refuel it without having to give them any other prems

With that said, hope to see you playing again soon

2 Likes

Lies! DKMall Coils are the finest in the land.

Hope things get worked out ok for you @catfud

I want to give a big thanks to OP. If it weren’t for him/her, I would not be where I am at. I have never crafted a single power coils and yet I must have bought thousands of them for my factory. In the beginning, I would use lake’s portal in Gyosha PS hub knowing it was close to other shops I needed and his/her shop was my first stop when I needed to expand. To me, OP is the Coil King. Farewell, Coil King.

2 Likes

YOU RANG?
(Couldn’t resist, sorry.)

In all seriousness I’ve found Lakes reliability with stock to be one thing I can’t compete with, keeping a fully kept coil shop at low prices is very difficult, and for that I applaud him

1 Like

Hello, Coil King Jr ! What’s your shops ? I’m currently expanding again :slight_smile:

His shops are Coil King :sweat_smile: that’s why he said you rang

3 Likes

My shop is literally named “The Coil King”, but as it stands I’ve basically stopped making coils to focus on building.

(hope I didn’t derail OP’s goodbye too much)

lol all good.
And thanks all for kind words but maybe a little early for the obituary :stuck_out_tongue:
Still a slim chance I might be back if solution to continuing my build an be found.

2 Likes

reclaim ftw!

For anybody interested in some ash I will be reclaiming my Lake build (capital, great city, sochaltin I) as soon as the update drops.

A lot of time put in here but moved onto a new home on boori (the hill)…sometimes it’s good to wipe the slate clean and start again. My attitude, influences and capabilities regarding building have changed a lot and are still changing.
The proposed compactness update has been a definite catalyst in making this decision but in the end not the main reason.
It is/was a bit of a mish mash and, though there are bits I like, overall it’s only standing as a monument to the time spent in building it.

Below are some of main bits though there are a lot more tunnels and small bits all over the place.

Will let peeps know exactly when I press the oh-god-what-have-I-done button as I reckon watching the whole process will be kinda cool (hopefully the reclaim system can cope!)

4 Likes

Dunno but @Karokendo might be interested as you are connected to chisel town…

1 Like

Definitely gonna come watch this process!

4 Likes

More like chisel town is connected to me but I doubt he’ll be interested…poor old chisel town has sadly been looking a little worn down, filled with half saved builds (inc yours @Buugi, I think).

2 Likes

Ah you are Jerec… i wondered who that is but never rly cared that much to find out o.o.

If we are on same time i could pick it up if you dont mind?

Its a shame to see you’ve decided to do this but its completely understandable why.

I assume the main motivation behind it is so the plots can be reused elseware right? I wonder if anyone would be interested in taking it off your hands instead of it going to regen - Its always a shame to see massive builds regen imo.