Lava + Liquid = Stone Suggestion

As it stands, if Lava comes into contact with Water or Petrol or Resin, it creates Igneous Stone.

My suggestion:
Lava + Water = Igneous Stones
Lava + Petrol = Metamorphic Stones
Lava + Resin = Sedimentary Stones

Just a little fun thing to add a little more creativity :slight_smile:

Edit:
Current:

Suggestion:

16 Likes

I must admit that when Lava destroys my expensive blocks the words creativity and fun never entered my mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

You win some you lose some :smile:

1 Like

Yikes thatā€™s an expensive make for stones. Seems more like punishment. Also would destroy some natural occurrences of those resources

They already make Igneous Stones, so the ā€˜punishmentā€™ is already there, Iā€™m just suggesting variety

Edit: I am on about when they come into contact with each other, not making a new recipe

Again it would destroy natural occurrences of them. Iā€™ve cleared lava to get petrolim plenty of times before.

I think there is a misunderstanding, I edited the OP to clarify :slight_smile:

No misunderstanding as Petrolim is only found in puddles and doesnā€™t flow like lava and water do. So the lava would cover over the puddle and destroy those source blocks on top.

Does it do that now currently?
Edit: I was gonna dance to the conclusion but Iā€™ll just jump there. Lava and Petrolim already makes Igneous Stones, Iā€™m suggesting it make Metamorphic instead

@FireAngelDth

1 Like

Hmm. I donā€™t remember having to break stones to get it. But itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve had a need to go get any. So maybe it does. Which in that case Iā€™d suggest it needs to go away because it takes away from the resources available.

Edit: as I see you said it for sure does. Than I guess I need to make a suggestion topic to make it so they act the same as water does with them. Donā€™t think itā€™s right that the resources are destroyed when we can only obtain them from exos

Thatā€™s a cute idea.

9 Likes

As a way to get all 3 types of stone, this makes sense. But from a ā€œrealisticā€ sense, there is no logic to it. Of course, realistic in quotes because this IS Boundless so that word has a very pliable meaning.

While IRL igneous is indeed made from magma rapidly cooling such as it does on contact with water, we donā€™t have IRL examples of petrol (though I guess its a tar-like substance) or resin, so we donā€™t know exactly how it would react when in contact with lava.

That said, I think it might be cool to break the minecraft norm of lava + liquid = stone and add some new materials to the equation. How about:
Lava + petrol = dark glass? Not only does dark glass already look like it could be solidified petrol, it is also something of a natural result of magma cooling rapidly, if you consider dark glass to be like Obsidian.
Lava + resin = amber. Then you donā€™t need a solidifying totem.

1 Like

I petition for them to act the same as they do with water. Since we can only obtain them on exos. Doesnā€™t make sense to destroy our resources

Does it destroy the petroleum/resin/water? I thought it creates the rock when the lava flow hits the other liquid flow. Leaving the source blocks.

1 Like

Youā€™re free to test with your own supply :sweat_smile: I however wouldnā€™t test what happens to petrol when lava hits the source block

Remember they are pools which would mean the top few source blocks are probably changed to stone leaving the bottom part of the pool safe. But thatā€™s still destroying some of the resource. And one source block could equal 1 or 5(etc) thanks to the rng

1 Like

Look at the edit on the first post to see the layout. Technically you can just keep smashing the rock for an infinite supply of rock. As the liquids would continuously create more rock

2 Likes

Yes when it flows. But remember Petrolim is found in sitting pools not flowing which means lava hits the source blocks

All the reactions make Igneous Stones and you can make stuff like this

4 Likes

itā€™s a big supportive YAY from me.
doesnā€™t make a lot of sense being looked at through the ā€˜real world opticsā€™, all that how actual igneous rock is made, but hey, neither does a lot of other stuff we do on daily basis :D, anyway, more ā€˜0ā€™ blocks for meā€¦ ehm, for that noble thing I want, I meanā€¦ Creative / Sovereign: more ''Color 0'' placeables

@FireAngelDth worry not, nobody ainā€™t gonna hurt the puddles, all that changes is the texture of the cobblestone being created by the mechanics that is currently in game

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: and I said it should be removed because it destroys resources we can only obtain on exos. Butā€¦ nope nevermind Iā€™m done. :v: