Leaving Boundless

And another one bites the dust and still no communication from @james about the state of the game. Are you guys done with Boundless? Is 249 ever releasing? Is that the last update? Do you have plans for the game’s future? Your communication is legit awful. All it would take is a quick post but you can’t even be bothered to do that. 15 minutes of your time to quell the worries (or validate them) and put this all behind you.

5 Likes

I ask again, at what frequency do you want canary updates like “No new information, we are still working on it”?

Is it monthly, weekly, daily? Would getting the exact same message every day actually help you feel any better?

5 Likes

@Rydralain Please don’t pretend that this lack of communication we’ve faced over the last 6 months is the same as it’s always been and that what I’m asking for is unreasonable. You literally have a mass exodus of all the long-tenured players right now and you’re arguing over whether or not there’s a problem at all. They need to make ONE, clear post about the future of the game and do so immediately. This isn’t about frequency of communication. This isn’t about cadence. This about the complete lack of transparency and players leaving in droves.

4 Likes

You already got your state of the game 3 months ago. Why do you need another?

At what frequency do you need this?

1 Like

You mean the state of the game that said 249 was a week or two out? Cool story, bro.

1 Like

State of the game 6 months ago:

State of the game 3 months ago:

Do you have any actual tangible evidence that anything about Boundless, Wonderstruck, or Larian changed in the last 3 months other than people leaving because updates take too long?

At what frequency do you want to be reminded of nothing changing?

2 Likes

It is legit beyond words that you can’t comprehend the difference here. I’m am blown away at your lack of understanding here. Completely, utterly confused. Just nevermind, man. If you think those are state of the game posts then holy sh!t are we on complete opposite ends of a spectrum of understanding.

EDIT: incoming big post from @Rydralain about how the game is fine and this is all fine and I’m just mistaken.

2 Likes

You probably don’t understand me either.

A state of the game, a state of the company, a weekly update, or any of that is nearly completely worthless against the negativity you and people like you bring to the forums, and I don’t think they should waste their time on it.

Even if they do exactly what you are asking, whatever it is you think you are asking for, it will. not. matter. You… you have complained within hours of being given status updates because, as far as I can tell, nothing, and I mean nothing but an actual published update to the game has any meaning to you and a lot of other people.

And even then, the actual content of this coming update is so very small for the current MMO players. It’s absolute crumbs. A skill page revamp, more paint, and some melee weapons? This update is not for us at all.
Hopefully enough single player and server people come into the forums to distract the MMO players until another update comes, because if they don’t then this little update will quell complaints for maybe a few months at most, and depending on what kind of update they decide to go with next, it could be another 6 months to a year before we get something afterward.

Hopefully they choose to make some smaller updates for the MMO crowd, but who knows what their plans are :upside_down_face:

The game itself is fine, but the community wants something more than that. I don’t really get it, but I understand that it is causing the game to bleed players.

4 Likes

Enjoy your project outside of Boundless Lunai! It’s good to take a break every once in a while - I’m currently doing the same.

3 Likes

Lunaiiiiiii Chan

Then actually explain yourself rather than being cryptic and toxic. I explained my stance, what is yours? What would actually help this community?

Here’s my stance:

EDIT: Incoming post from @Rydralain stating that this is all fine

1 Like

Sure, yes. The game is bleeding players. What do you believe will fix this?

1 Like

Communication and more frequent updates. As I’ve said probably 100 times now.

3 Likes

So we mostly agree, except that I don’t believe that empty communication will help at all. Good talk.

All of the communication over the last year has been largely devoid of content. It IS practically empty. That’s the ■■■■■■■ problem.

1. When will 249 be done?
  2. What effect has the Larian acquisition had on Boundless development?
  3. Are there any devs actively working on Boundless right now or is it on a temporary hold?
  4. What are the plans for the items that were promised for launch but are still not in the game such as titans? Are they no longer being considered?
  5. Are there any updates beyond 249 planned?

Let’s start there.

4 Likes

What communication could they have given that would have made you happy? What do you want to hear from them that they didn’t share?

Edit: Fair enough, Stretch. We deserve a time out.

1 Like

This warrants a cool down… if you can’t discuss topics in a civil manner, please refrain from commenting.

Sorry Lunai, your post will open back up in an hour!

This topic was automatically opened after 54 minutes.

They had some annoying bugs, like the auto-hammer bug. But since that got fixed I don’t think I know many games with that few bugs as Boundless.

1 Like