Less punishment for making your beacon look more natural

Some will probably look at this picture and say “Hey! That’s not very efficient.”

…and they’d be right. There are certain blocks in this picture that helps the build look prettier but punish does not help your build’s prestige. Anything found in the wild, like trunks, foliage, soil, gravel, sand, rock, ice, glacier, corruption, growth, etc. all award negative 0 prestige. It doesn’t feel right to get punished for purposefully placing natural blocks, though.

Could this perhaps be changed or could we get a craftable version of these blocks?

Edit: I’m wrong, they do not award negative base prestige, they award 0 base prestige, but it can affect your prestige bonus. But I do think more blocks that isn’t variuos forms of stone, processed wood, or metal could be nice.

23 Likes

I didn’t think any blocks gave negative prestige anymore. They definitely shouldn’t be dropping your prestige though the amount of prestige they add (if any) should be pretty minimal imo.

2 Likes

Craftable bushes for decorating would be great.

I have same issue with my Garden, i use much natural stuff, even did not sacrified the original look of the place. I don‘t mind the lack of prestige that it brings as long i am lucky with the joining people to my Garden Settlement. If it would come to a prestige war at it, i would not sacrify it too. It brings maybe just more stress in my life to counter it with a wise spoken word.

3 Likes

It does honostly suck - Building large natural builds will yield you just about no prestige at all - I got thousands 10’s of thousands of blocks placed made out of trunks and it doesnt really yield any prestige at all, the small prestige I get is because its considered exotic trunks as they are originally from a different world.

3 Likes

as someone who’s house will be made of thousands of trunk too i know your pain haha,i prefer living with nature rather then against it,so i like to make my builds nice looking to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just buy some plots under your current plots and burry some high prestige stuff down there! :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, thats our only hope to stay save for your Settlement Name.
I will end up with doing this, since Finata is a very living place.
For the moment gladly i still can use them as design elements.

yes just make natural block worth 0. a short, simple, and sweet solution.

3 Likes

It needs to stay this way to an extent. Almost no other solution than a crafted version of the natural blocks, to keep people from just digging a hole, slapping a door on it and being worth more than your hard worked for refined block house. Natural looks doesn’t mean they should be worth more prestige. A tree house is never worth more than the house and yard its sits in.

It’s a shame that there isn’t a crafting / manufacturing process that allows you to merge the prestige of one block with the aesthetics of another.

1 Like

that is actually a genius idea :slight_smile:

It’s nice in theory… although in truth that would entail additional block data for each and every block, and that’d be an expensive adjustment to make. It would be cool though.

not to mention any server impact it may have,great idea even if unlikely to get :frowning:

How about any generated block is 0 and any block that is picked up and placed has something else. It is not fair to people who want create more natural builds that we cannot rank anywhere on a prestige scale.

1 Like

I don’t think any block awards negative or 0 prestige, but I think that their presence is simply driving the prestige bonus ratios down a tiny amount which causes the over all prestige to drop a few points in your typical build. Simply chiseling natural blocks tends to return a positive ratio and restore prestige.

It’s very possible to make beautiful, natural builds with massive prestige. Just an example, this little build in the Biitula Consortium is worth 100k prestige, and is still a work in progress. Chiseling the leaves of the blue tree will yield even more gains eventually.

2 Likes

Spot on (well, some blocks are 0 prestige—trunks and foliage are 0 :frowning: )

Also, if you’re on a PC, you can view base prestige and the modifiers via the debug menu. Helps understand changes

1 Like

This here got about 20K wooden trunks in it- and a lot of dirt, the only reason this here is worth 74K prestige at the minute is because we got a ton of brick in a basement under this build, and otherwise other decorative blocks including both stone and wood, as well as some machined gold and machines in there.

If you take all of that away, this here would at most be about 15-20K prestige in itself, though there’s a TON of work that has been put into making this, and its not done.

I’ve noticed that when I do place dirt down that the prestige counter goes down, so there’s that, the only reason it even goes up is because of the grass and the wood being of exotic value, which is a TINY bit of prestige.

2 Likes

The chisel ratio on that tree appears to be near 0. That aught to drastically bolster the prestige of the placed wood. Wonderful looking build, keep with it!!

2 Likes

I think you’re likely hitting the block variety modifier there - not sure exactly how its calculated, but the modifier seems to reward having lots of different block types within the beacon (and your tree is likely forcing that modifier down)

Yeah for sure it’ll bump it up, but not every trunk is going to be chiselled obviously.

I do have some bits chiselled, just havent gotten around to do it properly yet as we’re mostly just working on the basic shape, even so its still a ton of work compared to the amount of prestige one gets out of it vs that of you know using refined blocks, or really anything else.

3 Likes