Let us repair our gear

That’s not really true. I played the heck out of ESO.

Once you get to certain level, the previous areas stop being difficult.

That’s not really true for Boundless, once you get to certain “power level”, you are fine…until your gear gives out or you run out of potions and you lose all your “power” and T6 becomes a death trap again.

I must have the worst luck ever on high tier worlds. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been killed within seconds of leaving a portal or a cuttle seemingly just suddenly appears out of nowhere to kill me. I don’t usually see the mob that takes me out until it’s too late.

IDGAF. Literally. My avatars die sometimes tens of times per hour. Persevere.

Got to manage those consumables, though :wink:

Not in ‘any other’ dynamic/persistent sandbox. Not even in ‘most’.

Nobody does this in boundless. I mean some players are casual about what it takes but it takes gearing up, and skilling up, and buffing up. Stealth if you’re not going to build or equip for a fight. Paying attention and/or taking defensive steps.

The only actual material (ignoring colors) you’re getting at t6 that you can’t get at t3 more easily and potentially more profitably is gems. Which require nothing but the atmo protection a few points into hammer skills.

I’m not sure the background on your situation or what you’re doing to feel blocked by this for months but death penalties don’t stack and it takes about 15 minutes or something of (EDIT: buffed, AoE) t6 mining to cover that. My hunter can usually work off a death penalty during a single level 6 meteor.

Anyways I think the general consensus is that the highest levels shouldn’t be ‘casual’. That’s why linear games or “open worlds” that aren’t dynamic get shelved between DLC.

2 Likes

No, if you’re not there to fight, this is how it goes.

The number of cave hoppers that have killed me deep underground while I was eating a persisting pie is off the hook. Also buffing and then jumping/breaking into lava, the miner’s friend. It IS frustrating and sometimes I pack it up and go do something else for a while.

But it’s not a bottomless pit. When a 10k hammer and a 5k stack of buffs bring home 50k +++ in loot value it’s a challenge, not a problem. Even if you’re ‘only’ doubling your money, it’s very sustainable.

Edit: sorry I’m trying to stay in “why to play/grind” territory rather than “how to play/grind” I don’t mean to be vague or over-optimistic.

You can run around ESO and gather stuff to end-game, without armor, weapons, etc?

Even if you run out of gear, with maxed skills in Stealth and Stealth Epic, that’ll rarely be a problem.

In terms of a Hunter-build, then yes, you’ll need gear, but again, T6 is end-game. In most if not all MMO’s, you can’t take a high level character and fight end-game content without a weapon and gear.

If you like gathering, then max out stealth, go explore worlds and gather, then sell your goods, and buy new ones. As others have said, you should be making a profit. The only way to reduce the grind in this, is for the game to have an auction house of some kind that allows people to easily see where the nearest store is that is buying and selling certain gear.

But you have constantly been vehemently against any form of auction house, even one that shows locations if I recall.

I want to play Solo also, but I stopped, because I didn’t want to have to Hunt, Mine, and Gather, to be able to make my own stuff, soon people are going to have to Farm also.

I might return if it was extremely easy to get the tools I need by selling items I gained because I played the parts of the game I enjoy, but that won’t be possible without an Auction House.

It really seems like, simply, you want this to be a new-age MMO, a solo-MMO, and it isn’t. I’m in the same boat. But right now there is nothing stopping you from logging on, gathering stuff, selling it, and buying AOE tools.

1 Like

Just echoing to say I die a clusterpoo of times. Ain’t no shame in my game. I died 13 times getting to a rift spawn. Worked fine. Got a few hundred rift. Happy with that. Gonna die a ton more when I get back on tonight after I get the kids taken care of. Mine some more if there’s any left.

1 Like

Ugh I’m distracted and took two trips to get there because I forgot some gear. Still haven’t mined up a single rift my guy is hiding in a hole on ropagitta. Soon enough I guess. I can forum “between things” but it’s safely on topic to say that mining t7 with half your attention is pointless and risky. At least rift should be above most of the lava altitude.

We should rename the thread “Get over it, Biv. You’re never going to be able to do everything and be self-reliant with an endless supply of building mats without focusing on anything but building”.

But I don’t want to die, ever. Lol

An endless supply of building mats is a daunting task. I couldn’t keep up with the builder I started playing with and I did a poop ton of farming mats just for him.

If they would just get rid of those pesky mobs and just made all rocks “one hit”, I’d be fine, lol.

So, takeaways so far

1. I’m grinding wrong. When I grind my way up to higher level gear, I’m not using it in a way that perpetuates future gear. I’ve been treating them as disposables that have to be replenished from scratch again.

2. Take some time for mindless grind and take advantage of the pay barrel. Though I don’t like that they plan to nerf some of the reliable sales like growth and tangle.

3. Accept it, you are going to have to gather plants

4. Learn to live with the death icon of failure next to your name

2 Likes

'bout three times for this:

Now to get underground and avoid caves.

648c (accounting for spark) if I tap these out with my one hitter on the way down what’s in this screen pays almost 20% my ticket price.

I don’t know about grinding wrong. You need to look at some loot management. But yes otherwise.

This is right too. Prices for the chrysominter will drift over time. The planned changes show some ups and some downs.

You do not. Ever.

Just call it he Death Icon of ADVENTURE!!!
:rofl:

2 Likes

Acceptance is the first key to overcoming your obstacles!

Congratulations! I see tier 7 in your future!

1 Like

Dying in-game feels bad and hurts my tummy. Lol

Repairing gear would be awesome, we could buy a high end forged item, repair when worn, and spend money on other items in the market. That would be amazing. Wishful thinking.

1 Like

Repairing gear although it would be great for keeping that 3x3 high damage hammer and speed chicken hunting slingbow, but think about the economy of the game with people not buying items as they can repair them.
i get what you are saying about running out of potions and weapon/tools breaking but that happens to me too, i am not one of the 50k a day footfall owners and rarely sell much in my shops so i go out and gather for a few days to hunt for a few hours, this is what makes the game fun for me not being greedy and thinking i must have everything and keep my stuff.

not being an ass hat, its just the way i feel that repairing would make it too easy.

or shall we bring back the old death penalty of anything in your inventory taking a 1/3 hit on durabilty as it used to be

If we go back to 8 inventory slots you wouldn’t be able to damage much gear at least.

You talk about whining and being petulant but after talking to you a couple times I’d say more “disappointed realist” than pessimist. The fact that you look at the “hard” things and analyze your own situation rather than just heaping blame on the devs for making ‘a ■■■■ game’ is why I pursue the conversation.

There’s productive stuff here.

1 Like

you only had 8 slots in EA wow spend your skill points lol

I appreciate that.

And I appreciate you folks for following me down this rabbit hole.

Sometimes you need outside input to know your own mind.

1 Like