Let us see time remaining on another player's beacon (poll)

I would like to view the remaining time on a person’s beacon, so if it says 6 months I know to just pack up and find a new place to settle in case I want part of that land.

• Yes
  • No, Explain Why Below

0 voters

edit If you disagree, please explain why. Saying ‘I don’t want people camping’ isn’t a thorough explanation. Please tell us “why” you think that would be bad.

1 Like

I’d be on board with this. Or have more smoke stages to see how far along it is.

1 Like

There no doubt in my mind which way this poll will swing XD

This lead to beacon camping in EA. People waiting on beacons to run out to scavenge.

I couldn’t see it happening tbqh.

4 Likes

Letting the fires burn low close to the end is enough. We don’t need more people beacon camping like we had in beta.

5 Likes

Maybe it did. Easy solution, sample options:
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
2 weeks
1 week or less

Good luck camping whole week for plots.

1 Like

People camping or not, if ur beacon runs out its done, wether people loot it or not, does it matter? Either A: random guy loots it or B: friend or city/village/town member loots it and can hold on to the items untill the player returns

3 Likes

Why does it matter?

If the beacon runs out, it runs out. Why make it a guessing game?

You make it sound like “beacon camping” somehow hurts people?

2 Likes

Whether we like it or not scavenging builds with expired beacons is part of the game and always has been.

I do not care if people can see when my beacons run out. We do need to make sure some of the issues with Beacons linked to Gleam Club not displaying fuel remaining properly are hammered out or this will add to that problem.

1 Like

I don’t like this idea at all.
I can see people camping beacons when otherwise they would have no idea. I like that people can’t know.

4 Likes

But why does it matter? If you aren’t goin’ to play the game anymore, who cares if other people camp your beacon?

2 Likes

It’s a matter of personal opinion.
Also, you may just forget to fuel, and with people knowing that, it removes any chance that things could be alright when you get back.

1 Like

Maybe have it where the beacon shows the gleam club status of the owner, that way you can see if it’s one of those ranges, beyond that I think the flame effect as it is is good enough. If people really want to they can easily hide their beacons anyways meaning you can’t check on it no matter what.

EDIT: I voted no because I don’t think seeing the exact time remaining on another players beacon would do anything beneficial. Though I do think a broader range like we’ve got now is good to have.

1 Like

Even if it was just 4 months, I’d still want to know, I don’t want to wait 4 months for someone blockin’ my build to have their beacon disappear.

I won’t know it’s 1 month or 4 months or 6 months and it’s ridiculous.

Do not let the hordes know the timer on the prizes I have found across Boundless.

The amount of chaos that will ensue if people know anything more will be worse. We have seen such worse behavoir like during the 2017 Beacon Apocalypse. People will go so far to gain wealth they didn’t work for… even more so than the land grabs they do now.

In other words, if people can’t be adults and compassionate now, having a timer won’t help either.

4 Likes

We should not have acces to this information.

Salvager is a public utility side job.
You travel, give footfall to many beacons (even remote ones) and clean the landscape.

Imo the actual way is perfect.

2 Likes

They could mitigate this by having the time display on the ‘current beacon’ in the places menu as well as via the beacon itself.

1 Like

I vote no, but I’ll bring popcorn along when watching the mob fighting over multiplot beacons that expire in a sec :joy:

People will be waking up in the middle of the night to just take expired plots… there will be spreadsheets full of data on expiring beacons. There will be monopoly, and causals won’t stand a chance.

I’m all against it because I like the causality of the game to be left intact.

4 Likes

Actually, right now, casuals stand LESS of a chance to get those beacons.

If a casual could look at a beacon and know exactly when it expires, they have the exact same chance as everyone else. The current system rewards luck an’ hardcore players.

1 Like

I don’t care either way …But if timers were shown then I’d let mine run down low on purpose to watch all the vultures get disappointed when I turn up with an Alt at the last minute and top it up :rofl: … i think salvaging is fine when you come across expired beacons by chance but to actively be seeking them out seems a bit off to me.

5 Likes