Let's Talk About Forge Baby, Let's Talk About RNG

Yes they can reach 200%. One time fee? Coils are still pretty expensive (if you buy a set at once). I have 2 fully coiled empty centraforge machines.

I have never played a game where RNG crafting is fun.

7 Likes

I just made my Centraforge. Now what?

(rhetorical question)

But I’m already worried about the voluminous amount of materials I’m going to need to just to build the workbench stuff, so maybe forging isn’t for me.

1 Like
  • I can forge a diamond hammer with AE4 and I get a tool with 2000 durability that one hits stone on level 1 planets.
  • I can forge an iron hammer with AE4 and damage 2 and I get a tool with 900 durability that one hits stone on level 1 planets.

The diamond one is cheaper to forge and lasts more than twice as long! Whoever forges anything but diamond to use on low level planets… makes a mistake.

lake sells them for 1200c, that’s 28800c for a full set. That’s peanuts for a forger.

A hopper core goes for 1100c and a mass craft of vigour 2 needs 18 cores. That’s 19800c just for a single mass craft of a consumable.

The coils aren’t the expensive part anymore. :slight_smile:

It certainly feeels right.; )

2 Likes

Were you Salt or Peppa? ; )

1 Like

I really hate RNG in a thing that should be skill based.

In reality, if you took your car to the garage to get the brakes replaced but the mechanic could only complete the job 3/10 times, you’d doubt that they were qualified to do the job.

Forging should be largely based on the skills you’ve unlocked and your knowledge of the best way to apply the buffs you want. RNG should be minimal.

In reality, the mechanic will have RNG moments, too, such as the head of a bolt snapping, or a defective part from a manufacturer, but their success rate should be 99/100.

Just my thoughts.

5 Likes

For the sake of reason, and the sanity of the forger!

2 Likes

anyways how long did you keep wood stone gears a day ?

Some of these game mechanics (forging) feel like paying your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend a visit :joy:

Perhaps… it’s time for a re-work?

1 Like

I think we need a couple updates focused on new content first and maybe next a rework on forging and combat

4 Likes

I tried forging but it was so confusing and random. I used the same materials in two scenarios and one attempt took me 20+ rounds to get what I wanted and the other took 6 rounds. That’s a big variation…too much risk for me

3 Likes

Ka-Ching!

:money_mouth_face:

Too bad the money’s value doesn’t change over time due to inflation. That’s sorta a lot of inflation though.

Anyways,

I like forging and sometimes use the EZPZ forge to make tools using slightly influenced rng. If you’re asking what that is, when I want a boon, I just use 1 or 2 gums of the boon type then hope that I get it. If I don’t, I just let it move on, but I don’t use anything to stop the gum. Sometimes, I “quirk forge”, basically forge to get quirks specifically. Sometimes I get wild combos but if I have bouncy feet I decon resin and try again,

Forge rng only benefits the big forge shops. If you’re making hundreds of forged goods a day for your shop, you can afford to keep the less-than-ideal variants that are bound to happen… but for folks that just forge a stack or so of hammers or bows a week, rng is just punishment for not stacking the probability of a good forge in your favor with hundreds of attempts.
I think increasing the number of gums available and reducing the number of boons associated with each would be a good compromise. There’d still be a bit of rng but much less.
Also adding 3 or 4 more slots to the deck to make lucent forging more practical would be great.
#1gum1boon

8 Likes

IMG_2383

5 Likes

Just got my forge going again. Little shop at Planet Brown, selling my rank 380-400 gem bows and graps :smiley:

1 Like

People said guild buffs were a good coin sink but based off that inflation math it sounds like the game still needs a reliable and broad coin sink of some sort. I think a lot of problems correct themselves with a bigger population, but Boundless has gotten smaller in the year I was gone. There used to be an average of like 400 on in the evening, just using the steam totals, that wasn’t counting PS4 users.

I think things are fine atm.
It all comes done To effectiveness…

You can use pure 1 Or so To Wood one… While pure 3 is almost mandatory For lucent ones… Or even gem ones (now Im speaking of myself… I dont use any other stuff than gum ja boons + fp).

I would like the gear over 300 getting some sort of effect like aura on it To show its “badass”.

I think overall forging atm is good and simple.
You dont have to learn To make complex stuff To get like t5 aoe hammer etc.

Im speaking For experience as i said i just use Basic stuff… Maybe Im just RNJesus but it works For me… I rarely get something that i cannot use.

My biggest grasp is obviously the mats.
I do not like To hunt Or even if i would… I do not have time For it…
Making even boons is hella work For me… Thats why i usually buy them… Wich makes no sense… Cause with that money i would e bought some forged stuff alrdy… But i like forging.

5 Likes

That’s a pretty good point. Maybe if the tools stats were clearer (for example, if a hammer listed that it could one shot rock on t5, etc) then people would be more satisfied with the less-than-perfect forges. I still think that fewer boons per gum would be nice, but, barring that, a clearer display of the capabilities of a tool would be good too.

2 Likes