Let's Talk About Forge Baby, Let's Talk About RNG

Are you saying that gem tools are cheaper to forge/craft compared to anything less than gem tools?

I’ve looked at tutorials, I’ve looked at guides, I’ve done research on the forging process, but the RNG behind it not to mention the exorbitant amount of materials needed to even forge to begin with just makes me want to waddle off and do something else, … mostly resulting in me logging off for a while while I question what the devs were thinking when they decided the forge needed layers of RNG mashed with more layers of RNG with a side of RNG and RNG for dessert. Sorry, I don’t feel like gambling for tool enhancements, especially with how often one has to replace tools in this game since there’s ZERO repairing capabilities in this game.

3 Likes

Diamond can easily reach 200% and it only costs a small one time fee. 24 coils costs less then a mass craft of the hopper cores ingredient.

It doesn’t matter if you forge stone with 200% or diamond with 200%. It takes absolutely the same amount of stuff to fill AE level 4 and damage 8.

But the diamond tool is now faster (which is fine), hits harder (which is fine), and has more durability, which means not only the tool lasts longer but the forge too (which is, in my opinion, not ok)!

Exactly & I think this doesn’t make sense. It shouldn’t take the same type of ingredients to forge a 3x3 AOE wood/stone hammer as it does a gem hammer. Noobs will mostly be using them on T1-T3 planets. It’s fine that the gem gear can be better/faster/stronger because it will mostly be used on T4-T7 planets on harder rocks/seams/creatures.

1 Like

Yes they can reach 200%. One time fee? Coils are still pretty expensive (if you buy a set at once). I have 2 fully coiled empty centraforge machines.

I have never played a game where RNG crafting is fun.

7 Likes

I just made my Centraforge. Now what?

(rhetorical question)

But I’m already worried about the voluminous amount of materials I’m going to need to just to build the workbench stuff, so maybe forging isn’t for me.

1 Like
  • I can forge a diamond hammer with AE4 and I get a tool with 2000 durability that one hits stone on level 1 planets.
  • I can forge an iron hammer with AE4 and damage 2 and I get a tool with 900 durability that one hits stone on level 1 planets.

The diamond one is cheaper to forge and lasts more than twice as long! Whoever forges anything but diamond to use on low level planets… makes a mistake.

lake sells them for 1200c, that’s 28800c for a full set. That’s peanuts for a forger.

A hopper core goes for 1100c and a mass craft of vigour 2 needs 18 cores. That’s 19800c just for a single mass craft of a consumable.

The coils aren’t the expensive part anymore. :slight_smile:

It certainly feeels right.; )

2 Likes

Were you Salt or Peppa? ; )

1 Like

I really hate RNG in a thing that should be skill based.

In reality, if you took your car to the garage to get the brakes replaced but the mechanic could only complete the job 3/10 times, you’d doubt that they were qualified to do the job.

Forging should be largely based on the skills you’ve unlocked and your knowledge of the best way to apply the buffs you want. RNG should be minimal.

In reality, the mechanic will have RNG moments, too, such as the head of a bolt snapping, or a defective part from a manufacturer, but their success rate should be 99/100.

Just my thoughts.

5 Likes

For the sake of reason, and the sanity of the forger!

2 Likes

anyways how long did you keep wood stone gears a day ?

Some of these game mechanics (forging) feel like paying your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend a visit :joy:

Perhaps… it’s time for a re-work?

1 Like

I think we need a couple updates focused on new content first and maybe next a rework on forging and combat

4 Likes

I tried forging but it was so confusing and random. I used the same materials in two scenarios and one attempt took me 20+ rounds to get what I wanted and the other took 6 rounds. That’s a big variation…too much risk for me

3 Likes

Ka-Ching!

:money_mouth_face:

Too bad the money’s value doesn’t change over time due to inflation. That’s sorta a lot of inflation though.

Anyways,

I like forging and sometimes use the EZPZ forge to make tools using slightly influenced rng. If you’re asking what that is, when I want a boon, I just use 1 or 2 gums of the boon type then hope that I get it. If I don’t, I just let it move on, but I don’t use anything to stop the gum. Sometimes, I “quirk forge”, basically forge to get quirks specifically. Sometimes I get wild combos but if I have bouncy feet I decon resin and try again,

Forge rng only benefits the big forge shops. If you’re making hundreds of forged goods a day for your shop, you can afford to keep the less-than-ideal variants that are bound to happen… but for folks that just forge a stack or so of hammers or bows a week, rng is just punishment for not stacking the probability of a good forge in your favor with hundreds of attempts.
I think increasing the number of gums available and reducing the number of boons associated with each would be a good compromise. There’d still be a bit of rng but much less.
Also adding 3 or 4 more slots to the deck to make lucent forging more practical would be great.
#1gum1boon

8 Likes

IMG_2383

5 Likes