Let's talk FISTS

A Birdie told me, SUNSET FORGE MARKET may awaits a fist forger soon… but what kind of Fists are actually “in” at the moment? What is the most used?

Let me know!

1 Like

I think the more common one people use are the Golden Fists, but there are also Explorer Fists which are… almost exclusively for those who have a explorer key. They cannot even be made by newer players. So to get a “Fist” craft you need to get the Deluxe edition of the game.

I have both recipes, and will gladly help anyone craft these for free. You provide the materials and it’s yours.

2 Likes

These days I like an iron fist with light, loot, and armor for a hunting off-hand.

4 Likes

Exactly the ones I got back then from @PamavonFinata :smiley: but I know for example there’s also @Marcel0206 that uses them for building. Some use for sure some damage version or range… so I would like to know what people like to use so I can tell our future fist forger what people would like to see :slight_smile: I personally haven’t touched a fist in a long time. Recently I peaked shortly in my reclaim and just grabbed whichever I found there with sinking feeling. I remember trying to get the armor, glow and magnet and the sinking feeling on it in the past so I have some diving help for high tier that also protects me and does the loot stick job.

2 Likes

I’ve also been using up some randomly forged ones on my infrequent hunts.

Pretty soon I think I’m going to have a “garage sale” with gear I have but don’t like :rofl:

I use this type of fist. Love them.

7 Likes

A pure damage fist, looks good! Do you use it frequently? Do you use a skill set up in that screenshot?
Looks like good damage.

1 Like

Do i get to craft explorer fists or is wayfarer not high enough?

1 Like

I use this in the right hand and what ever bow in the left. Always use this set-up. That is on my miner tab, not the hunting one for the sling bow.

1 Like

Wayfarer can craft them.

2 Likes

I thought it was something other than iron or gold fist. just realised its the iron fist.

2 Likes

the exclusive one for backers lol

2 Likes

To clarify, since I wasn’t clear,
Explorer’s Fists are the Iron Fists - This was an exclusive backer reward, like the Wayfarer Totem
Golden Fists… are the Gold Fist which can be obtained through the deluxe edition of the game purchase.

2 Likes

I like to take a pure damage fist and then combine it with a speed brew to rapid fire it against cuttles and such.

2 Likes

Just made some gold fists with this for hunting…

Asked around in our discord chat and there 2 people like long range, or also magnet.

I write this down so I can just share this topic via link towards the future fist forger of SUNSET FORGE MARKET.

I think with fists there will always be a wide variety of demands.

In the early game, they’re basically OP weapons compared to any metal slingbow that isn’t well-forged.

Then I have met a couple of players who liked them as building tools. I can see the attraction in some situations but for me this was never a thing.

In the later game, I use them in two ways, and enjoy a very different forge for each situation. The stats of the two types are very close, as well. With durability and critical capabilities being the two main difference, there’s not really a point where the gold fist becomes a better performer than the iron fist overall.

To expand on what I said earlier, it’s a group hunting situation where I prefer the iron fist, forged basically as a looting and defensive tool. Hard as Nails 3 actually consumes a decent amount of durability when facing high level mobs and in that case the iron fist really stands above the gold. I also don’t like to flood blocks onto myself or others in a group situation. It functions as a backup hitter but unless my bow is really slow I hardly use it offensively at all.

If I’m out alone, I would prefer to have a gold fist forged for heavy damage and crit. Both chance and effect. I rarely hunt solo so if I have to confront something while I’m out gathering or on my way to mine, I want to hit hard and fast. I’ll be focused on a single mob and the effect of a multi-shot weapon is often wasted in that situation since I’ll be avoiding the up-close interactions that are normal in a group of meteor mobs.

So the market for the shop will clarify a bit once it’s open, depending on who buys there regularly of course. I don’t think it’s a case where there is an overwhelming preference for one style of forge.

1 Like

I compared them in the past and I remember they were almost the same really base stat wise

2 Likes

My favourite for roadrunner hunting is range damage and power grabber makes light work hunter always equipped with 1

1 Like

Hey there everyone sorry about the wait I’ll soon be starting up a fists forge shop for everyone the main fists will be damage orientated critical effect chance and damage although all the stats arnt identical ill leave that to shops choice but all have been tested and with hunter build can 1 shot almost all t6 monsters so hope u like

2 Likes