LF Inspiration: Creature Statues

This is an old event, but momma and hazir did some creatures for the contest. I know it’s not 8x8, but helps getting your head into pixel space nonetheless

Ah i remember that event, was a cool one - but I’m going for 3D statues :confused:

1 Like

@apt has the best wildstock statues!

4 Likes

(I’ll look for more when I’m at my PC)

2 Likes

Ooh nice, that a good size also - thanks!

1 Like

Looks like most of the screenshots from the Chisel Contest in EA are gone now, but I found this: Cookviper's 1st Chisel/Sculpting Contest | Boundless | Part 3 - YouTube

Then there’s Beyoncé from the Cuttlecombs in Elopor. (miss that place :cry: ) That’s bigger than what you wanted though.

Off-Topic Nostalgia

And because I’m now feeling nostalgic, here’s the deadly obstacle course that spitter statue was guarding. So many lives lost… :wink:

Spitter's Maw

#blameJeff

11 Likes

There’s a hunter statue in Legendville, but the artist never finished. Guess they got tired of waiting for the hunter haha

1 Like

If you’re looking for cuttletrunks, come check out the Naughty Wall Art! @Apt won 1st place with his Cuttletrunk. (Go at night :star_struck:)

1 Like

Someone had a “Jurassic park” like build pre-release, it was opposite one of the major store conglomerations back then - if you can find screenies that might help too. I’ll check as well when back at pc

Edit: Found it! seems @Zina might have some more detailed shots hopefully, and ofc amandapan might have been involved :yum: nostalgia indeed

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the posts, some cool stuff here and have already taken some inspiration :fist_right: :fist_left:

This is what I’ve come up with for my draft, need to change out the Gold/Silver for Marble tho ofc

10 Likes

Hey @Ovis!

You should be able to do much better than the Spitter these days - that was before the chisel update, back in old Elop Portas.

You’d even be able to do a scaled down version of the Cuttletrunk with the new chisels. 1/4 the size if I’m right?

We never did get around to making a Hopper for the Hopperdrome, but those should be pretty easy!

4 Likes

Anyone got a screenshot of my ground basher?

Edit found a bad one.

4 Likes

Yo @Pseudonym84! Nice to see your lurking on the forums still :wave:

I haven’t attempted anything other than the hopper yet but got a cool idea for the cuttletrunk! You got any more screenshots of the spitter?

2 Likes

There was someone building a cuttletrunk in a mountain. Dunno what size it was tho. And haven’t dug thru the forums to find it. But it was being built after EA so it might still be around. The one hunter guild that disbanded had a really good cuttletrunk in the floor. Think PURE was it’s name. @Ratchel might know if the cuttle is still there.

1 Like

Unfortunately all town up. Though I want to say someone was building a massive cuttle on cardass? May be wrong was sometime ago

1 Like

You need live subject

1 Like

I still lurk from time to time! The Boundless Community is very close to my heart!

I’m not sure what else there is lying about on the forums other than what @AmandaPan already posted;

There were a bunch of runs through the place though, so you might be able to get footage of it at the end of either @DanBeforeTime’s or @Scratchnwiff’s videos at the bottom of this post;

And since I just tagged Dan and Scratch, but haven’t spoken to them in ages - “Yarbor!”

3 Likes

I think in ea there was some statues next to gemporium… jiviita did video about it i think.
Cannot remember who did those.

5 Likes

Yeah that was Zina’s post, link is a few posts above in my previous. My mind also jumped to the gemporium when i saw this 1😋

2 Likes

That’s good to hear! :slight_smile:

I’ll give their ea videos another look at for some inspiration, just watching scratch’s spitters maw video now :ok_hand:

3 Likes