Light Epic // Toggle option possible?

This has been suggested before in some point.

Ok so i like to take screenshots.

And im always using light epic on my character cause i find it to be almost the best skill in the game for me personally.

Sadly i cannot turn it off when im taking screenshots so my screenshots gonna turn somewhat “false” viewing. This ofc shows best in darker areas where your oortian boi turns into glowing lamp post.

Is it possible to change it that it could be toggled off?

Atm im “wasting 1 unskill point” everytime i want to take a screenshot in a darker place… also sometimes it prevents me from taking screenshots at all cause i dont have unskill points left at that moment.

23 Likes

yeah, would be great - light epic would mean you can glow (if you want, with the power of your mind), but when at ease you can simply walk around without halo :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah, light epic can ruin screenshots.

I think game could have some quick access menu where to toggle it off.

3 Likes

I dont even mind if they would have it in settings "light epic toggle “on/off” . Just make it happen

2 Likes

I just switch skill pages if I need to use light epic (I hate it usually, but handy when mining).

Light epic and anything with glow spoils the full effect of lighting sometimes, especially when the gleam is hidden - at least that’s what I’ve found. Might be different for others :blush::blush:

Thats great,but its not the solution.
Sure i could do that , but as im not at my base 100%time when i take screenshots it means i cant switch it back in like 10 minutes… so
"Here i am with my crafter that has zero to non hp in T6… Afk cause i gotta wait 10 minutes that i can continue my journey.

2 Likes

I guess I can deal with the wait - perfect time to go for a cigarette or something :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Been there… done it few times… still 2minutes left :joy:

1 Like

or get rid of the epic and replace it with a separate inventory slot that can hold 1 light emitting item/block (before wearables are a thing)

9 Likes

Thats a good idea too.
Although if you have it on… how do you switch it off? If you have full inventory?

1 Like

add a button for it too I guess. would be nice to have different intensities and colors for the ‘glow’

1 Like

Please this… screenshots, but also sandstorms. With the epic the effects can make me more :nauseated_face: Be nice to quickly toggle it off.

How about a new item that turns it off when held in your hand? Graphically, your character wouldn’t extend his hand like a doofus to display the light absorbing rock in his hand, further spoiling the screenshot… you’d just go from light source epic to only natural light.

@Buugi Not saying this is the best option, but it does do what you want…
Light Cube2
Maybe bring this back?

5 Likes

Yes and no.
I liked the light cube dont get me wrong, but it takes inventory slot … light epic doesnt.

Edit. And at least what i played the game when this cube was a thing you had to hold it in your hand and interact with it… so its kinda the same thing as you would have piece of gleam with you.

1 Like

Maybe if it stacked with the totem? Most people have those as a loot stick and they are both “Starter Items”. :man_shrugging:

No… you see i use Light Epic personally cause it has many good purposes
… one is that i have both hands “free” … so when mining i can use hammer and shovel example
… sure you can forge glow on those but lol i take dmg over glow anyday.

You still have to USE it if you do it like you said and hold it in your hand

2 Likes

I think if they could add a brew that would toggle it on/off would do the trick.

I asked for this back then for a toggle. The answer was there are not enough option on the PS controller to add this.

Yeah :confused: I think plot view button could be change into some customizable radial menu. Or add light toggle part of chat menus :smiley:

1 Like

maybe so… but i guess they could drop it in the Settings ?
Like “Turn Light Epic On/Off”

should work with ps4 aswell ?

1 Like