Lighting Issue on Concrete

I couldn’t find this issue on the forums, so thought best to make a new post. When lighting up concrete with gleam I get this weird effect.

The concrete IS chiselled and I don’t get this effect when I unchisel it, but I think it has something to do with distance, and not it being chiselled as I have seen this effect before on unchiselled concrete.

Examples of different combinations below

Original Design:

Without the Octogrid:

Without the Octogrid + Gleam Lowered by 1 Block:

Orginal Design without the Concrete being Chiselled:

7 Likes

It looks like something is trying to push through the fabric of reality :scream:

5 Likes

… I’m just gonna unplot, regen this and BURN IT WITH FIRE! :fearful:

8 Likes

Pretty sure that’s a gateway to the Upside Down. Best to maybe delete UR game?

3 Likes

I’ll get the ion cannon up and running, just give me the coords. I’ve seen way to many alien movies not to take this seriously.

6 Likes

Just nuke the entire site from orbit… it’s the only way to be sure

7 Likes

I’ve noticed some interesting light effects on concrete too.

Yeah I’ve noticed this before. I just ignore it. Ignorance is bliss. Lol.

5 Likes

That reminds me of a certain book by a certain author, and that author take on that (it made me laugh and think about it, which also meant laughing at myself, as I had used this ignorance=bliss/blessing statement quite a lot).

He said that contrary to common believe ignorance is not a blessing. Ignorance is simply ignorance. :joy:

3 Likes

This is where I got it from. The matrix! Lol. https://youtu.be/OLv6ycYcpGI

When you dream in 1s and 0s, you can’t ignore anything… :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Those coordinates do not quite take me to the location in the screenshots though.

Edit: Don’t mind the low quality screenshot, I neglected to increase the graphics settings.

1 Like

Hahah. 2205N 1826E (I’m an idiot and got the 62 the wrong way round…)

Is that 8 bit? :grinning:

1 Like

Wait, was I the one who got it wrong? Your first post had the right numbers it seems. In any case, I can see from the location does look weird, so I’ve added it to the bug database, although I was unable to recreate it from a similar setup.

I know the original post in that link was created nearly 2 months, but do you remember the world and location of where this was at?

I think this would be too advanced for 8-bit, even though I had reduced nearly all the graphics settings to the lowest level.

1 Like

Yeh you got it wrong… I didn’t edit the original numbers… :smirk: :smile:

Just my observation, i feel it’s caused by the shop stand’s shadows created by the gleam set behind them.

It seems like a lot of it has corrected itself. I think the reflections are kinda awesome tbh :blush:

1 Like

Yes, it doesn’t look the same as in the previous screenshots.

1 Like

:joy:

3 Likes