List of Common New Player Complaints

Ohh, bit of a shame :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll agree mob aggro and damage needs to be tuned down on t1 and t2 planets. Especially t1.

I had frickin ptsd moments of goats. We even started on Angel, a t1.
The game does not prepare you for a fight and when you’re starving, that ax or totem seems like a good choice. Only to half die getting that steak, then figuring out how to cook it. I survived off raw strawberries for the longest time.

I’m actually curious why road runners, the only truly passive creature in the game, does not appear on t1 and t2 planets. I figure they’d be more there than the higher tiers.
But I think mob AI needs to be figured out better. Possibly give a fight or flight mechanic to them. Low tier tend to flee more.

I’d recommend only the lowest tier of wildstock and spitters on tier 1 planets, with rare chances for higher.
Goats rarely charge, and only once instead of multiple charges.
Spitters need to do way less damage, and for less range. Dang spit ball snipers.

2 Likes

yea could be a pain in the ass for them down the road too if that anti loot box law pass’s they will have to prove to who ever that it just purely cosmetic

What the devs should do is replace the crate icons with icons of the actual rewards

e.g if the reward is cubits, display a cubit icon, if it’s XP, display an XP icon etc

a lot of the weekenders are purely going by the visual appearance and some even automatically think P2W, what makes it even worse is that in the platform stores cubit purchases are displayed as crates as are plot purchases in-game.

2 Likes

And flip them between PS4 and PC.

I just started as a new player on the free weekend and am sticking around. There really does need to be an offline tutorial or guide, I agree. Some points:

1. I cannot work out how to scroll just one hand. The mouse wheel scrolls both, which can be annoying.
  2. So many things you NEED to progress can’t be gathered on L1 worlds, but if I go to a L3 world in search of silver, I get insta-killed by the first creature. It means you just have to buy all the mats you need, which rather spoils the game. What do you need to survive?
  3. Likewise, warping is too expensive. If I want some stuff that has to be gathered away from my home, it costs 420c. Or I could just go and buy all I need for a lot less.
  4. Portals are absurdly difficult/expensive to build. For all that this game is supposed to be about exploring new worlds, exploring is rather locked away from starting players, except by travelling on established portal networks.
2 Likes

1 if you use q or e ( or all and Ctrl)you should be able to change the the hand on which side that key is. Or you go to settings and look if you can find the option to make a hand primary.

2 did you do all the things you are able too? And tried to respec your skill points so you can survive it better.

3 warping is indeed expensive. There are plenty of networks on every planet. You can warp the there to and cost 100 cr. Going home is free.

I hope these tips can help you a bit. But I can understand the difficulty

Always either

1. if your close enough to a city walk to the portal hub

2. warp to the capital of the closest planet (use a warp totem augment if not already bookmarked) since that only costs 100c and then use the portal hubs to traverse the rest of the way.

That’s exactly what I do. But before I actually played Boundless I got the impression it was all about creating your own portals to new worlds, not walking to the nearest village to use someone else’s.

You can create your own portal eventually but like many games some things need to be worked towards in terms of levelling up, skills and resources. If they were too easy and cheap to run then there would be far too many of them on each world which could cause a massive amount of lag. At one point in early access there was far too many all over the place so they had to reign them in a bit. The best thing with this game is to take your time and enjoy the things you can do and it won’t be too long before your portaling all over the place. Make use of the portal networks, you can get to every single planet from them. It’s best to save the location of each one in your places tab so you can just spend 100c to get to the one on your current planet then use the sanctum to get home for free.

1 Like

true but the point is portaling (the main draw and selling point of the game) is kind of locked away till you have loged atlest a week into the game and are willing to go on group hunts at a scheduled time it would be kind of like if guild ways disabled the ability for you to create guilds till you where level 40.

True, I know what you mean, I’ve been playing from the start and still haven’t created a portal yet … more through choice though as I’m currently stockpiling the little oort I get so when I do eventually get one up and running I’ll have a buffer between running out and having to get more. In EA I had three running which made getting about a lot quicker.

Another issue: Objectives seem to be bugged. I have an objective to set a master beacon control; but I already have, so why isn’t the objective completed? I have an objective to acquire locks and lock a door. So I have locked the door, but the log shows I have acquired 0/3 locks. It should be 1/3.

The atlas is supposed to show discovered regions, but I walked halfway round a world and the atlas showed the route I had taken as almost all blue. And how do you manipulate it to show a different part of the globe? It doesn’t seem very useful.

1 Like

I’d make a support post about this.

To discover regions on the atlas you have to find their centre point. To do that you go in the opposite direction of the information above the compass, it will usually say something like “East of ???” so that means you need to go West, if changes to “South East of ???” then you go North West, eventually you’ll then discover the region and it will fill in that part of the atlas. …with regards to being able to freely rotate the atlas, hopefully that will be a feature in a future update.

the oort shard cost for portals is a pretty annoying one. if I want to open a portal to my shop form angel 1 its 192 shards a day… that’s realistic if you play 8+ hours a day only

1 Like

also all the alts required.

Gotta agree with this.
There should be something in the middle with these war and portal blocks like temporary portal blocks that would last like 1day. This could be really good for bew players but also for housemovers!

no thanks, just reduce the shard requirements. temp portals are expensive and cost money instead of shards but its still 1800 a trip, if it was a day it would be 10k

Well i said they should but some sort of portal block in game thats used for certain amount maybe being up just few hours?

1800 a trip? Where do you get that number?
And 10k?

The point was that you could craft a “portal block” that is up like few hours or a day after its activated.

If you are spending 1800 a trip you are doing something wrong