Long term funding - Polls

Look, Iv played pay to win games before. They make alot of money quickly then die rapidly, let’s be honest. For example, Clash of Kings. It’s pay to win, period. If you have the money, you can recover a complete loss within a week or two. There were guys who would blow 10 grand no problem just to harass you and your guild. The Chinese spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to rebuild after we decimate them again and again for months. Now, everyone is leaving. I’d estimate 75% of our faction left before I did, the chats were dead. Pay to win games get frustrating and boring. I can easily see any form of purchased item or pack being abused.

That being said, a company expects to profit from its product. But I beg that Wonderstruck not follow the dark path, one you start, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Focus on putting out a quality product, not the bottom dollar. If the game is worth it, it will pay for itself. Quality product is the mantra.

Monthly subscription? Maybe. But players who bought packages should not have to pay, and buying the game then having a monthly fee THEN paying for updates?

“Hah hah hah, time to count my money.” -Corporate Commander.

To quote Angry Joe : NO.

Times are tough, and well gaming is not as expensive as certain other habits your average gamer does not want to pay $85 just to get started then the next month keep paying 15-20 dollars a month, 180 a year give or take ! That’s more then my car registration. Then, paying 40-60 more dollars for DLC or whatever! I guess I’m not eating this month.

Minecraft did just fine with its buy once policy sure, Runescape had its free section , and a highly reasonable fee of $5 per month when I started, stupidly increasing when the payer base shrank. (Hint, that’s called shooting yourself in the foot.) Planetside 2 has done an excellent job of making purchase not pay to win for the most part with things that don’t really give you an edge over others like the cosmetics mentioned, or opening more character slots or pets that’s all fine.

One time purchase.
Solo option.
Potential server option
Perhaps a moderate monthly fee for use of the main server

In summary, make a quality product that people will want to support, that players will enjoy enough to want to see its continued good health.

I think it’s understandable to charge a fee for a private server , it will help cut out the riff raff people who are not serious about it. But, I would not charge very much.

Another way to do it is included in the initial game purchase.

Part of buying the game could come with deluxe options. For example, basic purchase gets you main access. A more expensive package gets you a private world.

A basic idea at the moment.