Looking for farm tools

Hi everyone,

Getting back into the game has been quite the climb, but it’s becoming more and more worth it as the finish line gets closer.

With that said, I’m going to be working on building out my farm here shortly so I do need some help with buying farm tools. I’m looking for a few SS of the following.

• Wooden Axe
  • 0 damage (or extremely low damage but preferably 0 if possible)
  • AOE
  • Max durability (or high durability)
  • Max action speed (or high action speed)

Preferences are in that order, but must be 0 or very low damage and AOE tools.

If you have any in your shop stands, let me know where I can find them. If you can make some and want to connect later this week to hand trade, we can do that as well.

THANKS!!!

Hello and welcome back to the game :slight_smile: have you tried out already the SUNSET FORGE MARKET?
There’s access to it through TNT (behind the T5/T6 portal) or alternative THE FUTURE OF FARMS (pole with portals between future farms and region exp)

We got at SUNSET FORGE MARKET an awesome farm tool shop. And I’m sure theres exactly that type of tool you’re asking for.

If there’s not what you’re asking for, I’m sure shopkeeper @Balkinus can help you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

May I ask what you are using this for? I’m guessing farming and that is why you want 0 damage?

I believe a couple of shops in Starlight Mall have Farm axes.

Correct, hence the title :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll take a look later today when I can hop back on.

But why an axe and not hammer or shovel? I guess that is more to what I’m trying to understand… or just not a totem with the same thing.

Blocks that farm seeds grow on are easier to break with hammers and shovels, which I’d like to avoid. Totems take more resources to craft, so wooden axes are just simpler to work with overall.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few zero damage tools at the Towers of Power on alder. They are expensive though as they are a bit of a pain to make.
They’re gem tools though with aoe magnet and durability and 0 damage.

out of curiosity - how to forge 0 damage at tools?

1 Like

Small DMG debuff combined with aoe

2 Likes

May I ask how you use aoe (assuming lvl 4) with high speed?

I can’t help imagine the speed is too much if one is trying to be careful on hitting the right crop each time.
OR
if just walking in a line, why aoe lvl 1 isnt good enough?

1 Like

The way I understand it, the goal is to use (ideally) a tool that’s not the right kind of tool for your planted block (i.e. use axes on soil etc…) and remove as much damage as possible with the forging.

Also, L1 adjacent is actually a hard boon to forge in my experience. L4 is easier.

EDIT: Also I had to come back and edit in a :rofl: since I always remember james frustrated-seeming posts reminding people that there is no “AoE” in Boundless …

That aoe boon builds up slowly. Stage one is a line of 3 blocks, stage 2 is a cross, stage 3 is below, stage 4 is the “aoe” 3x3 blocks. If you want 3x3 block harvesting the aoe boon needs to be on 4. If you hit 5 you get random aoe. That would be a mix of single and aoe hits.

About the speed, naturally some tools are very slow, like the wooden tools for example. If you put speed on there it only makes it comfortably faster but not high speed.

Why going for axes or hammers for example? Because your seed are planted in soil. If you should mess up a hit then you remove not only the plant but also the soil. Hammer and axe make less damage on shove-able blocks like soils, mud, gravel, therefore keep your grounds intact. For the extra safety, people like to apply the damage defect to really assure there’s only low damage or none at all.

This is incorrect @May-L04 .Stage 2 is not cross and stage 3 is not below !

The correct levels are:

Levels:
1-Flanker’s Force
Damage of a standard hit to that Block and those directly to the right and left of it.

2-Low Blow
Damage of a standard hit to that Block and the one directly below it.

3-Cross Purposes
Damage of a standard hit to that Block and those directly above, below and either side of it.

4-All-rounder
Damage of a standard hit to that Block and all eight Blocks directly surrounding it.

5-Random Acts
Damage to both the Block you are hitting and a number of random Blocks surrounding it.

Source: Boundless Information Station

1 Like

Yeah those descriptions are way too complicated for some folks. Especially players that are not having English as primary language.

I maybe mixed it a little up but the point is, level 4 is the asked “aoe” 3x3 @Mercutio604 was asking for.

You always come only to disagree after I try to help people out. Howabout you start the initiative to help with questions and don’t always check on what I got to say only to come afterwards and disagree. If you know everything so well, why are you always waiting for people to do the first step?

Well, if you don’t post incorrect things then nobody needs to correct you. This is not the first time either.
Specially for somebody running a ‘forge market’ these basic things should be known.

I always help people, the fact you don’t see that does not mean I don’t help people.

Just making sure people don’t accept wrong information as the truth, that’s all.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Another question:

I know “wood” on top of the preference list but copper, silver and amethyst have higher speed and dura but with higher energy burn… is that the reason preference on wood, or purely for the damage?

I think silver just needs allrounder with 3dmg defect and amethyst allrounder with 4dmg defect to turn to 0 damage.
forgot how much is needed for wood and copper. either lvl 2 or 3 with allrounder I believe.

What are we supposed to call the extra hit area if it isn’t AoE? The center block is the normal area, and the rest of it is an AoE. I am confused.

Can always just call them 3x3 tools. :man_shrugging: