Looking for farm tools

Just for updating: Since @Balkinus said goodbye to boundless, there’s also no longer farm tools for fields available at the SUNSET FORGE MARKET. I wish you much success with your further searches.

my searches? did you mean flying aces?

my searches could be answered by general public ^^; but mostly by flyingaces.

this is my attempt forging the 0 dmg, but I cant find any good margins on it.
want these for 2.3k each? i only have the 1 ss, i can put it in a stand if do.
The crit effect shouldnt matter, since its base 0 anyway.
Also im on my forger with no extra damage skills but i think the forge is correct.

1 Like

i think its perfect farm axe :smiley: as long it has 0 damage it not matter if its wood, copper silver or anything, look at dura, for me this axe is worth 12500 coins

anyone can confirm? @georgegroeg is it worth 12500 coins or even more?

1 Like

I swear he wrote a longer explanation here somewhere, but all I can find this morning is him saying “AoE is for bombs, adjacent is for neighbors.” In a longer explanation he stated once that he sees AoE as a spherical type of effect, whereas our tools act in a plane.

Just a bit of a chuckle, most of us say/type AoE (including me) it’s comfortable and makes sense.

2 Likes

I’m selling them for 12000 because I burnt through a lot of materials to make them. Deconstructed quite a few times.

2 Likes

whoa thats a very nice forge.
with max magnet to boot.
Mines only 2100 durability total.

hmm so if i take 4400 durability over 12000c
does that mean i can make a 0 dmg amethyst with aoe and sell for like 6.5k~ with its measly base 2400 durability?
if its like that then I underestimate the prices of these things… a lot. lol
Oh well I’ll give it a shot, got my hands on a set of axes.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve been forging for 4.5 years. So I charge what I want. If they sell great. If not then they are there for when I need them. Lol.
A lot of people think you need the cheapest price to sell forged gear. But reliability and a good stock trumps low price.

5 Likes

Yeah I heard thats true about stock vs low price.

I was scratching my head how I could make this worth the effort. I thought this was worth 2.4k max. =.=

4 Likes

Call it a grass harvester and sell it for 10k. :laughing:

4 Likes

Lol. The bare tool is worth 1000c. And I’m sure your using fate paste, corrupt boon 1 or 2, deconstruction if needed and among other materials so definitely worth a lot more the 2400c. Lol. But sell them for whatever you think is fair. They aren’t something people buy often. More of a specialty item.

2 Likes

Yeah, so if its worth 2.4k, 1k already went into the tool. another 240 goes into taxes and leaves you 1160 to work with in forging budget AND profit XD!

Doesnt work for wood for me either because instead of the tool, the forging mats eat up the budget.

Thats why I was scratching my head, how am I suppose to work with that…

So thank you very much letting me know this can sell atleast sometimes for a workable price tag.

3 Likes

I’m not sure anymore what the prices were at our previous farm tool shop. Only thing I can remember was something like 5400 and he stated he didn’t calculate profit into that price. So I guess 6,5K is a suitable price. And yes I guess I meant @FlyingAces sorry :joy:

1 Like

truth to be told - theyre worth their price for real farmers, if you dont want to ruin and rebuild your farm every time you harvest them you pay thjis price to save your precious time :smiley:
just forge a bunch, set shopstand and wait :slight_smile: make them as addition to your main profit forging :smiley:

im going to build a farm or 2 and for sure ill be buying them from time to time :smiley:

1 Like

I used to sell copper axes for 999. AoE/Magnet and a random (or usually no) third.

With 3x3 they’re pretty harmless and it’s a simple, repeatable forge.

In that same time frame I know someone was consistently ordering 3x3 + magnet totems and paying 8 - 10k for them.

:man_shrugging:

Once you learn a bit about forging you can see what sort of effort has gone into something and make a decent estimation of it’s value. If it’s a complex forge, it doesn’t matter what someone wants to use it for. But seeing how that compares to “market value” is pretty funny sometimes.

this is exactly why I was estimating the farmer tool so cheaply, if you read my post above I was under impression 2.4k max was the tools worth, because about 1c / durability was my reference.

But then again I dont farm so what do I know what farmers want.

if people want 0 damage 3x3 amethysts and pay a bundle for it however, I will gladly sell these axes.
I’m sitting on 3 ss. all 3x3 0 damage.
and the 0 damage copper also.

any takers come visit my ‘shop’ at pheminorum via ultima/useast. ^^

2 Likes

OK but to be sure, exactly what I mean is that you should charge for your work because someone probably still wants it. Especially if it’s on a nice tool.

“Just doing the job” has a market but so does a gem tool of the rarest gem that can’t hurt literally anything at all, heh.

OR totems, I don’t like to forge totems. At least solidifier is easy :sweat:

1 Like

gotcha, I guess I am just on the “good enough” mentality.
you can tell because I didnt put longevity on the amethyst XD

Tried putting longevity on a topaz (ran out of amethyst) and got this though.

Now the waiting game begins…

3 Likes

Topic started asked for:

I made this instead:

• Amethyst Axe
  • 400 damage
  • AOE
  • Max durability
  • Max action speed

damage

400 damage (I tested this with a stone axe that does exactly 400 damage) takes 8 hits on a soil block on a T1 world to break the block so this is a good farm tool.

I can make these consistantly but my question is to @FlyingAces , do you still need a few ?

What would these cost anyway ?

I think the speed is unnecessary on there
I would say 10k at least what I would pay for it🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Speed on wood axe is 20
Speed on Amethyst axe is 38

I just forged a tool according to the specs of @FlyingAces
He can always take the skill points for dexterity away to compensate and use those extra skill points for something else. (Like durability drain for instance to make the tool last 30% longer.)

Curiously waiting for an answer from FlyingAces to see what he wants. :smile: