Machines eat ressources

When i logged off tuesday evening (15.01) im sure i had at least running in recipes for:
tons of decorated stone (silk mustrad meta)
1 adv rubi coil masscraft
lots of compact clay (should be night blue)
some bricks (should me silk mustard or night orange ones, not sure to)
lots of waxy yams -> wax
some stones to refined stones

but its all gone, the stuff is not in created thing and also not the ressources are somewhere.
was there a rollback? what happend?
friend told me he lost stuff when machine was worn out, that might be the issue, is there any how a way that i can retrieve my stuff?
is there any logfile someone can check?
or is the stuff just lost? :frowning:

Do others have permissions? Was the machine worn out?

Does anyone else have permissions on that beacon?
Are you sure the raw mats or finished product isn’t in your storage?

My wife and I are far too forgetful to claim anything as missing. 99% of the time one of us has taken it and either used it or stored it without the other knowing.

nope, nobody but me got permissions.

what is with the story that “worn out” machines eat stuff?
(like keep producing but not placing items?)
is it a fairytale?

You shouldn’t lose anything if a machine is worn out (if that’s what occurred in your case). The crafting would just be paused in the case.

Did you have any existing items in the Crafted Items section? If so, could you check if the completed items were not already placed into a smart stack?

But that’s the thing, I heard yesterday someone from my settlement shout that this happened to him too. Had a bunch crafting, machine is worn out and lost everything in it. He also said later that the whole machine was behavng oddly afterwards…

Since Ann is now the 2nd person I’ve heard say this I kinda feel there has to be something to it and not just an issue of misplacing the items…

Was this happening with specific machines, or all of them?

@ghandymarshall Can you answer this Andy?

@PiratenBraut, what were the affected machines for you? Looking at the examples of items that you were intending to craft, it sounded like more than one machine was involved.

yes it was several machines in my workshop, is there any kind of log? where i think that would be alot logging for all machines in all worlds so i quess not. haha.
@ghandymarshall said he had that issue to and that he reported it allready

You could try submitting an in-game log, although it may not contain any useful information if it was several hours after the issue occurred. But it’s worth a try.

Where did @ghandymarshall report it? Was it on the forum or via an in-game log?

I had an issue a while ago where the attempt to cancel my very first craft of gem Slingbows resulted in all the materials getting lost. It did hurt a bit at the time, especially because it was a mass craft and I only canceled it to move it down in the queue.

I can’t remember the exact details of how I managed to do it that well, but the storage and character were too full initially which I didn’t realize, pressing the cancel button a few times. Then I think I logged on a different character to try again. Saw the items appear in the inventory for a split second before disappearing forever.

Seems like a different issue since it didn’t have anything to do with wear as far as I know, but I thought I’d bring it up. I submitted the logs, it must be around 2018-12-02.

That’s quite a while back, but I’ll have a look for that game log. Is your forum username the same as your in-game name?

For everyone else, I’ll try leaving some recipes crafting overnight to see if I get the same issue.

Her ingame name is Annixa…

Ghandy’s is ehh, Ghandy

Yep, Pfiffel is my main, though I think the interaction happened with my alts Pfill and Pfiff.

I found a log with your username on it. The description was talking about mass crafting Topaz Slingbows and remarked that the Workbench storage section was full. Does that sound familiar?

@AeneaGames, I haven’t seen any logs from those usernames mentioned.

Yep, that’s it. I wish I could remember in more detail what exactly I did, but it was quite a while ago. I remember getting frustrated about how limited the message you can attach to log submissions is, and was worried that my logging in and out of characters frantically to check if the items went somewhere could have cluttered or overwritten the logs, so I hope they are helpful. Ever since, I’ve been very careful about canceling anything, but if the log isn’t conclusive I could try to see if I can reproduce it.

I’m not bothered about the lost materials anymore, just hope you can figure out what happened so nobody else ends up running into it.

hey, the character name is AnniXa
the name of my account with that i log in is “PiratenBraut” =)

I’ve submitted the log to the relevant software engineer, who would hopefully see if there’s any useful information in there.

The logs lists the in-game character names, but in any case, I couldn’t see any in-game logs that contain either of those names given. If you do get a similar issue to what the other players have reported here, try submitting a log again anyway on the off-chance that it may contain information about the disappearing items.

Ok, i try to observe the issue, i think the char name that i used was “Craftnixa” then, but i quess all those data wont be saved