Macro Software, Auto clickers

I use auto clickers, & have a mouse with setup macros for both hunting & crafting purposes also.

I have also used these types of software on several MMOs. why would autoclicker not be accepted? Especially since they for some reason cant add a craft all button?..

1 Like

See you guys are still using it In a way I think would be acceptable. Being as you use it for hunting I’m surprised you haven’t thought of the ways it wouldn’t be acceptable. But how I’m thinking of it makes it more like a bot. Which is not acceptable by a lot of mmos or at least frowned upon. And I’ve seen macros used in boundless in a bot fashion before this xp nerf to rock came to be.

im training a mouse to go mining
if he can beat my eddy gordo capueira skillz
he will be a good worker

4 Likes

Do you carefully 100% of the time turn that off before you do any logging, mining, or hunting?

It’s a rhetorical question so please don’t feel obligated to answer.

I’m learning that both software and hardware aids are in common use here. Responses ranging from “I use it lightly to facilitate some QoL” to “It’s an exploit, and I exploit it”. That one was posted in the thread that spawned this discussion, if anyone feels the need to look for it.

As with several other key points, it seems like one or two minutes from @James could clarify this completely. Instead there are questions left open for months, a range of productive and non productive conversations on the topic, etc…

At this point I consider that my original question has been answered as fully as possible. That is, the community standpoint is mixed and based on a case by case judgment. The devs do not explicitly approve, and won’t explicitly disapprove.

Well, Here’s to more surprises !!

for me its simple
using macros our holding down buttons using key combinations all no problem
using menu mods our mods with added maps all that stuff
i see no issue

only
doing stuff while you not at the computer/console is cheating for me

That is true. I have a 3 & 5 fire macro. For hunting.

And use auto clicker because I dont want to click 30 times. lol

& Yes, I have used the macro as a exp grinder also. Lay, chisel, break. But dont see this as a “win” type game. So didnt think about it being game breaking persay.

This aint a mouse!

I guess i cant assume, maybe the hamster/gerbil is identifying as a mouse.

sneaky…

yeah for some reason people only make stupid pictures with hamsters
the mouse is lucky lol

I got ya, Ill clone this one.

He isnt smart, but just look at the seriousness he has!

2 Likes

i dont see a problem with it unless you are somehow completely automating the game on the more tech side tho.

the thing with macro software is its a tricky thing to deal with lets say the devs belive that macros are a no-no shy of scanning player input and booting someone for say “clicking to fast” there is no way to detect native macro software IE razer synapse for example i play a game called dead by daylight the game uses easy anti cheat and the devs have sayed they do not like players macroing and have tryed to patch the game to make it harder to use but im still able to do it un detected.

@vdragon
I was wondering about this recently. Filling 30+ crafting tables with 30 jobs each is a lot of clicks. Is it against the Terms of Service to use an auto clicker program to save your mouse and your fingers?

@majorvex
As a voice of reason, and an opinion that I value, what do you think of this issue?

I think it was stated somewhere that they are working on something like auto crafting

We had a rally, with pitchforks and everything.

In the end there’s nothing to be done about stuff like “click 30 times” it’s built right into a ton of people’s hardware, auto clicking mouses and stuff.

If you take it too far then:

I found the thread from last November mentioning it, but haven’t heard mention of it since.

Right now I need to process a lot of rock for marble and mosaic, so I guess I’ll use the auto clicker I have and live with the possible consequences later.

As long as you’re actually in front of the monitor not AFK you should be fine :blush:

3 Likes

There is an option on the mouse I travel with to double click with each press - https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-ergo-wireless-trackball-mouse

At home I have a Razer deathadder that lets you set clicks per second while a button is held in. I always thought it was fair game if it was part of your hardware. You shouldn’t get into trouble unless you are injecting mouse movements and key presses for the purpose of automation.

Im all for that and against it.

If you have to use 3rd party programs for the game… like autoclicker or something like that
I call that cheating/exploiting
… then again im an just old fart

2 Likes

I think fixing QoL issues with 3rd party programs should be allowed, like using an autoclicker as a “craft all” button to keep your hands functional (RSI is a thing, old farts should be familiar with it :D), or BUTT to make a boundless shopping trip not last longer than a shopping trip IRL.

Allow “rapid fire” for crafting buttons and 5 skill points for Boundless script engine :smiley:

i got the steelseries rival 650 https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-650-wireless
and have the top button set as mass craft button, i press it 1x and does 30 mass crafts in 1 second
(only use it if i have lots of items to make or else i wont use it)

i even had a video somewhere