Making coin really fast in Creative Mode!

I removed the wear for the minter, changed the canGive property on all oort stone items, added 999,999c as coinValue and off I go!

Oh, yeah, I also changed some of the attributes of these items!

These are UNforged:

8 Likes

@AeneaGames Nice modding :+1:

2 Likes

Seen this one?

Also some more changes that I made:

• disabled durability on items
  • flexibility is now set per item instead of messing about with a global setting (I had lowered max flexibility before but that did not work with those wooden axes, hehe)
  • maxed out values for some items that I could change without having to forge

Made these puppies:

Then forged some of those with 3x3, magnet and glow :smiley:

• liquid placement speed up by 10

and many other little things!

5 Likes

James and Dave will be thrilled to see these changes you made over there :grinning:

2 Likes

Well these are mostly settings in the files of the server (and client), I hope that when creative mode releases that we can access these variables from a script easily and change them and many other changes would be excellent candidates for ‘rental planet settings’, of course only for planets which can not be connected to our current public worlds.

So the devs already know these things are possible, but what I am trying to do is to let people see the possibilities that we could get with rental planets in the future and I do hope these are being added in a nice UI then!!

(and if we don’t get them in a nice UI, at least I found out how to do it anyway until they are in an UI!)

8 Likes

Now you must make the oort grapples teleport you when you connect to something…possible??? Can Aenea do it??? Challenge accepted???

3 Likes

The files to make Oortstone gear already exists in the game ?

3 Likes

Appears that they must be since there is already image files for the oort materials in those screenshots. Just not activated on live yet I guess.

2 Likes

What is coin used for in creative mode? Just curious.

2 Likes

Guild buffs I imagine

1 Like

Yep, they are, they just do not appear in the Give Debug menu, but I noticed there are 2 variables associated with each item, one is called canGive, the other canDevGive. Every item that appears in the Give dialog must have canGive set to true, they were set to false for the oort stone tools. There’s even a precise square oort stone chisel!

canDevGive was set to true, hence why some people on Testing received one from James…

Probably also means they can give it on Live as well, haha…

And speaking of oort stone items, I do find this item much, much more interesting:
TOOL_LANCE_OORT_STONE

And yes, these are also there in all gem variants, stone and all the metals.

Speaking of metals, am I crazy or does the game on Live only have Copper and Iron Tillers? Well in Creative I gave myself a Gold one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Indeed.

But, with a creative planet we can create a basis for non-creative but much easier to play on planets (that can never ever be connected to the main universe) so we can tinker with settings and alter the games behaviour.

Why would I want to plant crops in creative? I can just give the crop yield items to myself.
Or why would I want to paint gleam and most blocks in creative?

Just to show that it is possible and to show we can change the rules of things!

1 Like

I am curious how “basic” oort items compare with lucent gear though. Are they better / worse?

1 Like

I would need to put everything back to what it was to tell you that. Perhaps tomorrow…

Oort Item only craftable on private worlds ?

Yea at the moment those are only testing and creative modes. I also don’t think there’s ever been an official word if they’ll ever come to live

I have mostly needed coin for warping between planets.

I think you can set guild buffs free by modifying file :slight_smile:
Just because of endeavour costs…