Malls and Stuff

I logged in this morning to see some mention of a mall and the owners of that mall buying items out of the shops and selling them at a higher price.

While I don’t condone this practice, even if the shop was not in a mall, it would still happen if the shop was on a sovereign somewhere or anywhere in the Boundless Universe. I would suggest to anyone to price your items at a price point that makes sense to you. That way if someone buys it and sells it for a higher price you aren’t as discouraged. If it keeps selling out just keep raising the price until it doesn’t sell out and then maybe keep it at that price. It all depends on how fast you want to move it.

Now to the practice itself, as I said I don’t condone it, the game itself allows for this, but it doesn’t make it right, but sadly it’s a common practice. I have seen it and had it done to me and have had others tell me it happens to them in two of the larger malls in the game. I won’t share names, shops, or malls, but I would suggest that if it discourages you and it’s happening to you, or your shop just remove your shop from that mall.

As to the mall owners, I can’t say they are in the wrong for buying something cheaper and selling it for a bit of extra coin, as the item is still being bought and sold which is the goal of an economy, who is really losing out?

2 Likes

Players have been doing this for years man there is no way you can stop it its part of the game, at the end of the day you sell things for the coin you want you get what you ask for if some one wants to resell something then its on the seller to bump prices like you said.
The same thing could be said about request baskets next to the selling basket and they buy item for X coin and then sell it for double that x coin.
This thing about it being right is subjective and has nothing to do with game play the only way you can prevent this is if you only sell to certain players, and if you don’t read the butt or don’t go planet to planet to find best prices then its on them not the seller.
for anyone answering my comment i have never resold a bow or any forged items before but I don’t shame others ( telling friends why you mad about it then them spredding it ) for doing it because :i think its not right ".

Its not about what we think its about what we are allowed to do by the game mechanics .I think the bigger thing is the market system in game it is not great for lack of a better word.

THE color selling is terrible you have to go to all stores to find the color you want at the right price you think it should sell at or you know the average on the butt website .

If there was a real in game market board or something you can go to the place you want to go or to the lowest seller of that color you want or type of item.

2 Likes

I am purely talking about forged items. I don’t care if they resell normal items.

We don’t want to push up the price as there is absolutely no need to do so. Forged items are getting too expensive anyway.

Expensive items don’t help new players and the players that buy everything don’t need the coins anyway. This way forgers will definately stop forging for the community.

It seems that personal gain is more important to people.

I will make personal deals with new people and already stopped forging for the community.

5 Likes

People are trying to sell things to help the community at the price they want to. If people are buying forged items to sell high it’s for personal gains without the effort of forging.

Wondered why forgers were stopping. I think this is one of the big reasons why they stop.

They do it to push up the market prices. One of the main reasons why market prices are high is because of this.

I inteded to open a forge shop, won’t be doing it now. I’m not even setup and it’s happened to me.

One way to stop people doing it don’t sell them openly. Do private orders or just forge for yourself.

5 Likes

There is also those forgers who cant afford to put there prices low also so it also effects them when some one sells so low that you cant match them then you stop forging because what’s the point you wont make any coin in your mind so why forge at all .

1 Like

Why not ? Gather the items, it only costs time.

4 Likes

again if we hade a real market board this would not be a problem at all players would just go to lowest seller

1 Like

TIME is money man some players can only play for so long so they cant gather everything they need some things need to be bought that’s the point of selling things in the 1st place so some one who needs it buys it .

1 Like

We are spoiled with the BUTT website.

Before the website we HAD to go to the markets and try to find the best/cheapest items.
Maybe we should go back to that.

4 Likes

and that’s not a good system because some times i would just get lazy and buy from some one close to my home or a portal i know and the next day i would find same item for less and be a sad rockman.

in game market board with colors is what is needed this is not rocket science

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. If people don’t have enough time to play this game then don’t do things that consume too much time. This game can be grindy.

5 Likes

I would agree that there’s a difference between forged goods (a sort of craftsmanship or artistry) and just reselling cheap mats you find.

I’ve always maintained that competing on price has been the end of many forgers, and especially those that compete against a “market price” based on what a tool has on it while ignoring their own cost to create it. If someone has pushed their price so low that there’s room for profit on a forged item after two taxation cycles - they’re robbing themselves.

I recently came across a well known forger re-selling a less known person’s tools for a ridiculous markup. A combination of reputation and convenience (accessibility) with people’s trust and laziness might make this possible for them - still once you notice it’s a very bad look.

4 Likes

When it comes to forged items I tend to buy from friends ingame if I haven’t forged them myself. Whoever prices low doesn’t matter.
Also new forgers I like to support.

I’m just glad the devs decided to put people’s names on forges. If people are dumb enough to buy at ridiculously high price then thats on them. My sympathy lies with the forgers that put the work in and are being driven off the game or being forced to stop by scalpers. That’s essentially what we have going on here, scalping in a video game :rofl:

6 Likes

I personally do not care either way. To me, if someone buys an item that is their item from that point on regardless of who made it or where they bought it. They have the ability to resell it at that point at whatever price they want. Is it scalping? Maybe, it depends on your point of view.

I have seen a forge shop selling forged hammers made by a shop that is two shops down for more than the shop two doors down with the same forger’s name on the hammer.

I just go buy the cheaper hammer. I do wish BUTT would show the exact stats on the hammers and even who made them that would be interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh well, then we will have forgers but those will most likely stop forging for the community.

If this is what the community wants, then so be it.

1 Like

I’m not saying I like it as I don’t, but sadly the game allows it as with any economy. I could make a hammer for a friend and he could easily go off and sell it to someone, give it to someone or trade it for an item and I’d never know the difference that is why I stated to make sure you sell any item you sell for a price you deem worth your time and effort to craft or attain that item.

Aside from forged goods, I could go farm orbs for an hour and then sell them for say 10c then someone come along buy them all out and resell them for 12c and I’d never know the difference. I do however know I sold the at 10c which was what I priced them at which I felt was worth my time.

While I personally like seeing who made my forged items having this feature seems a little pointless.

If you forge, I thank you.

1 Like

And that is exactly what I cannot do anymore as the “wrong” people buy everything and new players don’t have a chance.

Oh well, I guess I will never forge for the community anymore.

2 Likes

I totally understand and respect that and I’m sorry you feel that way. There are people that will always feel they have to get ahead, take advantage of game mechanics, play the market, corner the market, and/or get as many coins as they can no matter what affect that has on the market or others. Sadly, it is what is.

That said, “wrong” is a matter of perspective. Do I think it’s wrong if I sell my orbs at 10c someone buys them all and resells them at 12c? Nope, because I am happy to get 10c for them. I do wish people would forge for the community but understand why they don’t. It would become a job more than it already is. I think the demand is always more than the supply.

And to your point, I just forge for myself and occasionally, I’ll just randomly drop some tools to someone, because why not?

1 Like

New people dont know much about forging, they see a 7k hammer n buy. Most shops 7k hammers are garbage with defect, quirk, and - damage points. Be nice to see something like a guide to forging or what a good hammer means.

2 Likes