Malls and Stuff

I usually buy from you as per usual but I’ve been building and organizing about 200 chests full of raw materials into my color storage, so I’ve been slacking. I may come buy some today usually I want speed hammers though.

1 Like

Well I should have lots of speed hammers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

the first time I saw tools displayed with AoE on shop stand signs I immediately wondered what Age of Empires had to do with tools in Boundless.

5 Likes

almost felt of chair from laughing :smiley: i have decades of gameplaying on my neck but still AoE remind me Age of Empires not Area of Effect :smiley: hahahahahha

3 Likes

I forged 850 T6 Hammers and put them into Shopstands for 8k each . All are max Speed with brew .

They are Not the cheapest but thats the price i want to have and already sold over 100 Hammer.

And even i would Not sell one of them i Had them for myself.

I want to say is that you should Take the price you want If its good quality .

4 Likes

This was pretty much my point. Make the hammers you want to make and sell them at a price you feel is worth your time and effort. Whatever happens to them after that shouldn’t matter.

6 Likes

Worst case, is to unlist the shop-stand if you don’t want randoms to come buy out your shopstand of whatever it is. You can do it via the beacon it sits on, or the shopstand itself.

Small reminder, You cannot put a listed Shop-stand behind a locked door, or made inaccessible. This is against the rules and the beacon can be reported if found to be doing so.

I had a lot of folks report a “Guild only” shop which I was selling hopper cores for 500c [this was years ago] which was a nice discount when the going price was 750c, I had the normal price below, and I had GUild Only prices for 500 behind a locked door. People trecked the planet to find it was behind a locked door they couldn’t bump warp into. – I had the devs come to the beacon and let me know it was against the rules.

So-- Just unlist the tools and utilize advertising/sales via discord/forums.

4 Likes

What rule does this break? Just curious because there are display only stuff all over boundless they is made inaccessible but for looks or decorations only?

@JDGroat
locking priced item is taken as an attempt of trying to force price change, to lower or higher depend of amount of locked items that is constantly showed at that price ar knowledge tab and which price is visible higher or lower than all other and it sitting at that price for weeks and shopstand is not accessible at any way

for decoration purpose you can put 1 item at stand for 9 999 999, its clearly show price

Best is always to unlist it just like @noniethepup said. Would always do that in such cases also if the price is 999999.

But I guess reasoning could also be to lure people as footfall trap kind of thing. Not only the market price aspect

1 Like

The displaying by setting it at 9999999 or whatever the max is-- so it’s “unbuyable” is automatically not shown because the devs assumed if you spend that much on 1-stick something is wrong.

But yeah. Guilds who have “guild -only” pricing for example, if it’s not accessable by everyone and it shows to everyone-- that is against the rules.

For example – When I listed 2 shop stands, One for 500 coin for a hopper core, which was behind a locked door and made so you couldn’t bump warp inside, versus the one fully accessable being 750 – Which would you run to? The 500 coin? or the 750?

You arrive at the 500 coin one, only to find you can’t get it. Thus-- I have not only wasted your time, but also made you mad because I have done false advertising.

So you should unlist the 500coin one but keep the 750 one available.

NOW, that doesn’t mean guilds cannot HAVE guild only prices, the shop stands cannot or should not be listed on Butt, or in the knowledge tab. Just have there be a sign say “Want prices cheaper, become a guild member and be with us for a week doing XYZ to gain access to lower unlisted prices”

or similar.

2 Likes

Footfall used to be a much higher focus, and this was used to lure/bait people across builds and into areas with no intent to sell the items.

It’s seen as not just trolling/harassing other players into frustration and wasted time, but an attempt to also manipulate coins out of the game.

Then there are other shenanigans such as:

Yes shop stands in the square under a higher priced one leads you directly to the shop stand with the wrong price.

There were long discussions about shop stands that have discoverability on, but couldn’t be accessed. I don’t think it was added to the rules specifically, but it was considered trolling and anti-social. The devs did remove some of them or turn off their discoverability.

This included shop stands with low priced items that were fully encased with blocks to gain footfall/troll, shop stands used as displays that couldn’t being accessed due to block placement (with a low-priced item & discoverability on), some were so far in the air that most players couldn’t reach them, etc.

I think it’s something that Monumental will decide how to handle when they’re ready. IIRC they said they’re already working on the new website & ToS (might have said it on discord, if not here).

I guess they could add more options to shop stands: (ie: to limit how many items a user can buy from a specific shop stand within 24 hours) or add different types of shop stands: Guild-Only Stands, & Display-Only stands.

4 Likes

Both and resell at 1200…

2 Likes

Hopefully Monumental continues with the same line of thinking on these.

6 Likes

I was in small guild large guild etc. This would solve alot of problems i saw in those situtations. The frustration i have seen Guild leaders go through with guild only locked doors is rediculous.

Adding functionality to a beacon that is guild only would also help. Example a 5x5 plot is labeled guild only by the beacon. Only guild members can open doors buy or interact with objects within that area. Both stands and beacons could use some help in those areas. These should not be discoverable.

I would say it was inevitable for this situation to come up. Im almost certain it already has. The game has functioned just fine untill now.

Literally noone complains when someone empties a entire shop of marble. What is the difference between a crafted block & forged item. A name.

Just want to add the term “FootFall trap” was a trap as in the beginning we payed out of our diaper to the beacons we visited. That got changed early on to generate coin.

So is it then still a trap as it only costs a bit of time?

I remember this as I dumped all my coin i gained into request baskets for safe keeping when i traveled.
As i got frustrated of losing precious coin that where awarded by all those chests. So i could at least buy a few aoe hammers when i had enough.

1 Like

LOL remember early on when it always cost coin to warp home, and you could get a negative coin balance from it?

Rough.

3 Likes

Verry well :wink:

2 Likes

I think people reselling stuff is just proof that the economy is working. If stuff wouldn’t sell at higher prices, then people would not waste coins buying stuff and trying to resell it at higher prices. You cannot just say “there is enough of x” in the game and put an end to the reselling of things that are hard to get. If there were enough people forging, the prices would go down because of competition. If the prices are going up it is because there are more people buying x than selling x. The prices of forged goods are not the only thing that has gone up. The price of ingredients to make forged goods has gone up. Just because one person knows a foolproof method to make forged items does not automagically make everyone else have an easy time making forged stuff. All the people who don’t know the easy way to do stuff are going to continue using the methods that they do know and will sell stuff at the price point that makes that a profitable endeavor for the method that they are using. Telling all those people that they need to lower their prices because you think they are too high using your method is not reasonable.

Reselling and merchanting are part of the economy. I sell stuff at the price I want to make profit at in the timeframe I want to get the coins in. I don’t care if one person buys out everything in my shop and goes and resells it slowly at a higher price. I wanted a certain number of coins in a certain amount of time, and someone obliged me. What they do with the stuff I sold them is their business. It isn’t my stuff anymore. If they have the patience to wait 6 months for the items they bought to sell at a higher price, then good on them. If the items just do normally sell for higher and I priced them too low that is on me.

Criticizing people for enjoying a different aspect of the game than you do is silly. If you don’t want to sell to people through shop stands then don’t.

4 Likes