Marble Supplier (Pricing)

Hello everyone!

So lately, I’ve seen a few forum posts requesting marble. I looked at my supplies and i thought i can supply all of these quantities VERY conveniently (after acquiring the desired rock color). My question is, what do you guys think is a fair price for a bulk order of marble (assuming its rocks are acquired easily from the known worlds and they dont need converting - they are metamorphic naturally)?

I’d be happy to fulfill your orders (looking at you two @illuminawtyness and @QuimbyBoundless) (if the price is suitable) after hearing from the forum dwellers (lol). Obviously i’ve done my research but i am just willing to see what you people have to say.

2 Likes

I decided to make my own, everything seemed so expensive atm and over priced. The Marble I need has plenty of rock and doesn’t require any blockchanging so I just have to buy some fresh vital essence/material and I should have most of the rest :+1:

Thanks anyway!

1 Like

I actually have had my order fulfilled at an extremely fair price by @Greenheart!

Although, there can never be enough marble/mosaic shops. It’s something that is extremely difficult to buy in decent quantities. So I would highly recommend opening a store, stocking good quantities of the main colours (Black, White, Cold Berry would be a good start imo)

4 Likes

@RedY3 what do you consider a bulk order?

As far as pricing goes for an individual unit of marble I would have to say 50-65c would be more than fair for easily made versions.

Bulk orders on the other hand I would (if I was going to make it) probably price anywhere from 40-55c per unit. Depends on how hard the rock type is to gather up or if someone supplied their own rocks for the order.

This is just my thoughts and opinions and hope it helps in your pricing venture.

2 Likes

I think 50 for bulk orders is fair. On a shop stand, I don’t begrudge paying 60-80. Super enriched is not cheap.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I’d say anything over 600 or 700 is a bulk order I think.

Edit: Wanted to say anything over 2k is a bulk order but i know not everyone builds massive builds out of marble.

1 Like

Any time. Yeah to me that would be a smallish bulk order.

Still bulk but not what I would consider bulk.

To me its 1500+ units

So at that point it is entirely subjective to what you value your materials and your time at.

@illuminawtyness i hear ya on the not begrudging shop stands that are priced a little higher. Everyone values their time differently and the high end deco blocks definitely take some time.

I feel the SEBA is only expensive due to the essence cost. That is a lot of gathering and processing so to me the cost isn’t so much the mats as it is the time to collect and process said mats

2 Likes

Did you know Doza sells mosaic in the RTG shop in Eresho? see him for hand trades :grimacing:

You can get 46.18c per block of marble by simply chrysominting the ingredients with coils.

SEBA By minter value:

glue x 1.4	x 288	403.2
orb x 5.32	x 36	191.52
Anc x 3.92	X 2160	8467.2
Fre x 3.36	X 1080	3628.8

======
	       /50	   253.81

Marble by Minter Value:

Ref. Meta 	x 0.14		X 45	6.3
Super EBA 	x 253.8		X 9     2284.2
Ref. Gleam 	x 0.7		X 18	12.6

======
			              /50	46.18

I did quite a bit of math on this last week as I was considering a marble-heavy build.

SEBA By Market Value:

glue x 5	x 288	1440
orb x 30	x 36	1080
Anc x 4		X 2160	8640
Fresh x 4	X 1080	4320

======
	          /50	309.6

With this information, I finished the two deals I had agreed to at 290c hand trade and raised my shop stand price for SEBA to 350c, with hand trades at 320c.

Marble by Shop Stand:

Ref. Meta 	x 2		X 45	90
Super EBA 	x 350	X 9	    3150
Ref. Gleam 	x 1		X 18	18

======
			            /50	65.16

Marble by Hand Trade:

Ref. Meta 	x 2		X 45	90
Super EBA 	x 320	X 9	    2880
Ref. Gleam 	x 1		X 18	18

======
			          /50	59.76

There are a range of prices in the market and as noted, a little extra cost in a shop stand is normal. My main owns this shop and I don’t bother with tax epic due to it’s constraints so I’m not even making the extra coin.

This is partly true. Also people were quick to drop prices through the floor where they felt the minter ‘justified’ it but markets like this, which are getting the price support they need to discourage undercutters from placing a near-zero value on their own time, the market is very slow to catch up.

For me it’s a compromise. I value my time fairly highly, but I have a lot of it. Producing the SEBA for a rough “cost” of 309c I’d like to see 10% for processing, storage and whatnot. However if I charge 340 to hand trade and 375 after tax I’ll just be sitting on this stuff for no point.

IMO 65c on a shop stand for pre-made marble in common colors is a fair (low markup) retail. Hand trades around 60c at this time, for small quantities.

How deeply you want to discount for larger orders is entirely an individual choice of course. After I did all this math I decided not to make any marble for my current build, and ordered 10k from another producer.

6 Likes

I did some maths too (albeit quickly lol) and i arrived at a price of around 65-70 for a hand trade (considering a profit margin that is worth all the effort imo). Decided not to craft any marbles though. Might just sell the essence i have for mint price (so it doesn’t go to “waste”) or just mint it if i can’t sell it :smiley:.

2 Likes

Thanks for detailed list and clear numbers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I m Doing right now 9500 marble for my first Pyramid the outside Front ( there will BE three big ) and this is extrem Farming , for me need to buy Life Essence because i m Not hunting and also need to buy Bones for the glue

I usually offer 80c per block as a buyer, taking into account time and spark cost in addition to raw materials. It’s higher than other prices I am seeing here but I like to take care of my suppliers and make sure they are turning a decent profit.

3 Likes

I stuck my price at 80c as all the popular colour stands empty within an hour. Even went as far as buying 1k seba mass crafting all black/white & berry for low profit just have stock…gone in a day. Even at 80c i cant keep up with demand.

Understand people may want to sell for les, but i simply wouldnt be able to do anything but make marble if i went cheaper.

2 Likes

I typically have baskets out for essence.
Buying ancient for 4c and vital for 3c.
More than the minter gives. Lol.

Not a coiled minter tho…

Well good thing there aren’t to many of those. Lol.

I did the same as you, buy them for more than the minter, but ever some of those public coiled minters came out no one is selling to me and I really don’t want to up the prices to go above that, sigh

How much do they mint for?

40% extra…