Marriage in oort!

Which is far easier to identify and destroy before it becomes a real issue. Trust me, I have worked in and run more than enough rp communities to know that the sexual role play is NOT An uncommon occurrence. My ban hammer is indeed well used because of this.

A marriage system is not sexual in any way though.
As i mentioned earlier, if a kid-oriented game like maplestory can have a marriage system, i dont see why you need to worry about it with oort.

Iā€™m a mother of 3 daughters, one of which I let play on her own computer. She plays Wizards 101, and I am of course worried about things like creepers on the Web. However, I am a parent who believes in monitoring your kids. She has her PC in a room with mine and my husbandā€™s. This way, she is playing when we are around. She gets limited time, and we make sure to check what she is doing. I can simply turn around and look at whatā€™s going on. A marriage system doesnā€™t worry me. As the parent, I can tell her not to use that feature. Honestly though, I donā€™t see it harm in a marriage system. If someone is going to try and creep on my child, they arenā€™t necessarily going to ā€œproposeā€ to her. They will probably try other, less obvious things. Those are what parents have to look out for.

1 Like

Iā€™m just saying, it can either be no big deal, or a REALLY Big deal.

Other mmos that have a marriage system have proven that itā€™s really not a problem and has no harm.
Also, people really like it.

I never seem to fall into the majority anyways, but the overall idea makes me cringe.

1 Like

You dont have to use that system then!
The great thing about this is that people who donā€™t like it can just not use it ~

Tho personally i think it will be a really fun thing to have

I donā€™t mind as there are many couples that play togetherā€¦ You can add improved defence when couples are near each otherā€¦ This is also a good way to help level a noobā€¦ Perhaps have a family system that works like a mentor like systemā€¦ They can also grow the family like a chain or pyramid system.

Please NOT !!!11!!111one ā€¦ Thatā€™s (one of) the worst things that could happen to oort :frowning:

1 Like

well i dont think it would be that bad. but why do you think that would be the case?

I rather like the idea of marriage and family it would add greatly to lore and RP :slight_smile:

Not that it is super important for gameplay and i donā€™t really think it should have any influence on the game play except maybe allowing the the wife to build in your beacon without giving permission to it first.

2 Likes

What the hell.
If you dont like it you can just not propose anyone and let the ones who do like it use it.

why does it bother you this much?

I actually do agree with @Crazyaga hereā€¦ Itā€™s one thing to have an overactive worry drive like I do, but do be sure to back your disagreements.

I kinda like the marriage idea :confused:
Though we will have a token system to befriend players. Maybe the ultimate goal in the token system could be marriage? Donā€™t worry, just an idea.

a ring with a small token in it rather than a diamond xD

4 Likes

Best idea ever 10.9/10 -Oogn

1 Like

But seriously I like the idea :smiley:

1 Like

well it was Bokkeā€™s idea.

While I think of in-game marriage as stupid and completely unnecessary, it can still be done without any additional support from the devs (mechanic-wise). Just build a church, arrange seats, invite guests and complete the wedding via chat. You can even exchange rings (if they will be present in the game as an item slot).

What additional features do you need for that? A stamp that says ā€œX is married to Yā€? :slight_smile:

Like in real life :slight_smile: