Masks and Future Gear

I love the addition of masks this update just to make our characters stand out even more from each other. However, I feel like there was a huge opportunity missed to add an element to this MMO that’ll give it a lot more depth and make “end-game” a little more fun and addicting.

Instead of making these masks a cubit buy, it would’ve been cool if you made more gear on top of masks like chest pieces, leggings, footwear, etc. and make them a gear drop from high level meteorite’s or protectors / titans in the future. I’d like the idea of them dropping gear so you can sell in your markets or equip to show off you’re a titan killer!

Most MMO’s have gear and it’s a fun little gameplay loop that keeps people wanting more, to collect, sell, show off, etc.

3 Likes

Or even make them craftable for large amounts of resources

1 Like

I agree, as well, you can be a tailor of sorts if that’s the case and be known as the person who crafts and sells the clothes.

Maybe like lower tier gear is craftable, but the higher tier cooler looking stuff is drops from bosses.

1 Like

It’s definitely been in the works: Art: Wearables Exploration

And I can’t find a link handy, but IIRC the plan (long ago) was (and may still be) to have various armor slots: head, shoulder, upper arm, lower arm, chest, waist, upper leg, lower leg, feet

2 Likes

Dude this would add such an AMAZING element to the game. I’d be so ecstatic once that’s implemented.

1 Like

This is what I’d love too. I really don’t like that their first dive into gear is through cubits. Tryna get me to buy cubits already on Week One. NOT GOOD.

1 Like

I’ve never felt the pressure to buy cubits at all, they’re so simple to earn in game with leveling up. Especially with multiple alts!

4 Likes

Oh I agree, I don’t feel the need to buy them, but the fact that the first cosmetics they add to the game are bought with cubits just turns me off slightly. Not a deal breaker for me by any means though.

Just feel like they could’ve waited and dropped a bigger update with the full cosmetics system fully fleshed out.

2 Likes

we know we will definitely be getting wearables and armor later down the line and the art they showed even stated what monsters you had to hunt to get them from,they will prob change it later down the line.

1 Like

I feel the masks are a little too pricey at 800 cubits. That’s the same cost for skillsets or a new alt. I’d hate to see what an entire wardrobe is going to cost.

5 Likes

That’s what I’m saying! I hope they don’t lock all the clothing and gear behind cubits. I wanna take down mobs and bosses or possibly craft cool gear!

1 Like

Thats what i was thinking 800 cubic is insanely to much for a mask. I could see 200 but 800 is nuts haha. Maybe if they made it so that bigger more flashy gear was worth more but the smaller basic stuff was less that way everyone can afford a cool cosmetic without loosing 20+ potential plots

3 Likes

800 cubits is 8$ in real money? … that means if paid with money you buy 5 or get the a new game? … or have to sacrifice enough plots for a mayor building?.. I think you are right: 200 for basic to 500 max for really special stuff … This prices now are a slap into the face :confused:

5 Likes