Maybe Boundless's first oficial Holliday:day off the explorer (just one day a year)

On this day all portals close to promote exploring for 24hours

I start with a poll more info coming soon share thoughts

• Dumb idea moebs
  • Yeah i love it moebs

0 voters

2 Likes

I think that’s a cool idea :slight_smile:

yeah I’m, your first vote lol.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a dumb idea, but I don’t love it either. I wouldn’t want to close any of my portals because it costs 50oort to open them again and as I don’t hunt I get my oort from stumbling across meteorites. But if you’re only talking about your portals, well they’re yours so can do what you want with them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought off that we can wall them off oh and offcoares its your choise to participate :slight_smile:

Not really because you’re essentially forcing others to not be able to use the portal network that some have come to rely on, but again, it is yours, and that being said, exploring is cool. Personally I go through portals to the world I want to be on and then find a cool location by running across the plant like a crazy person away from mobs. If I find a good area I save the location and then warp there from that planet the next time. It saves me a lot of coin by going to the planet first prior to warping.

3 Likes

Ok oh btw the dumb is clearly there to have ah laugh with me need to make that clear aperently

no you don’t, and you don’t need to be snippy about it either. Let’s leave it there.

maybe if you close some not all
let say a day of moon portals closed; then a day of ring planets off or maybe by regions like US planets portals off etc
the downside is you are wasting oort shards to re-open

2 Likes

Yeah was thinking to wall them off if comunity likes the idea

1 Like

all guys having permissions could cheat and break through :wink:

1 Like

True dont think they will though lolz

Maybe a sign at each portal as a reminder. Then each person can choose to honor the holiday or not.
I think that a holiday should be celebrated because people want to celebrate, not because they have to. :tada:
With that said I do think that it is a good idea. :+1:

4 Likes

Sorry for that :slight_smile: https://youtu.be/8FjywBCv_8E

I might hate it if these portals got shut down but I vote in favor of doing it. I’m curious at how it will affect the game and player activities/experience and now will be a good time to test it since we’re still in early access.

With that said, I will feel sad for those people who’ll see this as “dumb idea” and quit the game. I myself haven’t been active lately in the game so take only 0.5 of my vote since I’ll not be greatly affected by this event. :joy:

1 Like

Lol, it’s fine. If you Got Any Grapes that’ll keep me very happy. I think my parenting bubbles over into how I socialize sometimes so I’m like - behave yourself - before anything else comes out of my mouth.

And my post said it was neither dumb, nor loved, and only because those were the words you used to describe it and had nothing to do with me picking on your words. Words are my job - I write books and games for a living - so I love alllll words and don’t pick on them. (Even swear words)

Except moist. That word is just wrong.

3 Likes

I have portals going to my beacons on various planets. Closing them off is not going make me explore more to be honest.

Picking a few random portals and seeing where I end up would be an exploration exercise I would be happy to participate in though. Day of the (random) Portal!

3 Likes

If I had much more time available to play I think this would be a great idea. But at the moment if I were to randomly lose portal usage it would be very frusterating and irritating. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oh really apreciate this responce alot :slight_smile:

Closing off portals would push me away from Boundless to be honest. I love the portals, its the main feature that pulled me away from Minecraft. I also know a few friends who just started playing, and wanted to refund it, until I showed them the portal networks. Running across solumn is just awful (the terrain mostly sucks) and I think it would hurt new players the most. Just my opinion though.